RF-62 ii 5.1 System, what to buy for 7.1?

sfatula

Well, bigger is not always better! I laugh when I see that commercial and see people hauling around oversize phones that don't fit anywhere. Anyway, here's the thing. I have a pretty good theater room, mostly air tight, bass trap, quest ai panels, and, currently set it up with my KSP-400 speakers, each of which have a sub, and, that was way overpowered, the bass.

So, I don't want anything more bass wise than they provide. Not sure if the room affects the bass level, but, sure seems that way. It was much different in my old house in just a "room".

I see, well, it was admittedly a test only. i.e., with the minimal effort and time, so many things to do when moving, just tried the KSP-400's with each having one sub, not calibrated (well it is calibrated, just to old house) to see if a simple test could show me if subs can drive enough volume wise, and it was clear they could. Was not considering the low end, which I should.

Receiver is Pioneer SC-55.

Where are you located? Some forum members can help you find a nice sub. The Bic is OK but, the longer you stick around this hobby, you will most likely want something elese. What is you max budget for a sub? How much room do you have for the sub and how bid is the room? This will help us locate something for you.[;)]

Calera, OK, rural. About an hour from Dallas area. Room is 15x25, 9/10' ceiling, Quest AI panels, bass trap, mostly soundproof, double sheetrock green glued, etc.

I don't have a budget. I don't subscribe to the method where one buys the most they can afford, that's simply not me. Instead, I buy what sound good enough for me for the lowest price.

I can't believe the BIC would be any better than the SW-310.

I am almost convinced though that a pair of SW-115 might fit the bill due to the lower end. It is hard to find a similar or lower priced sub than can go down that far.

You are about 7.5 hours from me. I have some family in Tulsa. Are you handy with tools? You could build a couple like I did and they are really easy to build. For a amp about half the size of mine and destroy a couple sw-115's for less money. If not I bet you could

Get a couple 115's for 1300$ish. If you wanted to

Drive and not build them you can order the stuff and send them to me

And I'll build

Em for you? I thoroughly enjoyed putting them together lol. Then you could come pick em up.

Well, I used to be handy with tools but alas, my body fails me, too many health issues. Of course, I always think I can, just have to be realistic. For your custom sub, how low does it go? What do you think the entire setup would cost for you to build, parts + labor? Approximate. PM me if needed. Yes, I used to live in Bixby, just S of Tulsa, always loved Tulsa.

• 2 weeks later...

One minor (NOT!) detail, I don't have the 26" deep space for the SW-115. I presume it's 26" + 1+" for the cable(s). Any problem facing them sideways on the front wall to provide more room?

Get the SW 115 if it's size is not a problem. Most of us consider it the best sub in the current line up.

i thinks it's not feasible Derrick.