Difference RF7 vs RF7 ii?

Jaq

Thanks. I live in Los Angeles area. If iI do mod the xovers, I will take Dean up on his offer and have them done right. As far as placement goes, I have had them toe'd at every angle, near and far from the sidewalls. Bass is definitely impacted, but not so much the highs. Have carpeted floors, but no room treatments with the exception of having window coverings to reduce the reflections.

Treating a room can be huge or minor. Clap your hands at your lp and see if you have any eco in the room. A few panels in the room will help refine the sound and could tame some harshness.

• 6 months later...

Sorry to get in this discussion late but does anyone have the RF7ii crossover schematic? I've looked for it and can't find it. I have the RF7 schematic but I know Klipsch changed the xover in the RF7ii to 1200hz from the RF7 2200Hz point so the schematic on the RF&ii has to be different. I read where this was done because the RF7 horn wouldn't cover down to 1200hz. Is Klipsch using the K-67-DV tweeter compression driver it used in the RF7 in the RF7ii or another driver? Sorry if I've missed this info on the forum. Sometimes I shut the gate after the cows are long gone.

Dean G if you could help me out that would be great. Thanks.

Well, I have a schematic, but I won't be posting it. I have a verbal non-disclosure agreement with Klipsch regarding certain things, and giving out schematics of current production models is one of them.

They list a 1.75" compression driver for the RF-7ii, which is the same thing the RF-7 used. That driver was made by P. Audio. You can lower the crossver point just by using steeper slopes.

In classic Klipsch style, the network has something in it that I can't for the life of me figure out what it does.

Edited by DeanG

There is a mod for the RF 7's ( Dean G ). The high can be harsh and it depends on what your avr can do to tame them. A 4 ohm stabel avr is a good start. I have RF 7's and have no problem with harness. Also, the avr needs to be of sufficient power because at higher volume there is an imbalance of the HF and LF which leads to harshness. What avr do you have and what room correction soft are you using. Most of us drive the 7 and 7II's with a power amp. Even though Klipsch don't take as much power as some speakers, these big Reference line speakers have impedace dips that the amp has to handle.

Which curve(color)is impedance and which is phase?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2014 at 11:38 AM, Deang said:

Well, I have a schematic, but I won't be posting it. I have a verbal non-disclosure agreement with Klipsch regarding certain things, and giving out schematics of current production models is one of them.

They list a 1.75" compression driver for the RF-7ii, which is the same thing the RF-7 used. That driver was made by P. Audio. You can lower the crossver point just by using steeper slopes.

In classic Klipsch style, the network has something in it that I can't for the life of me figure out what it does.

Now that the RF-7 II is no longer the current model has the crossover schematic been released? Thanks.

• 7 months later...