Estate Sale - 9/13 & 9/14 9AM-5 PM (Elkridge, MD)

opusk2k9

Estate sale for collectors and music lovers - Classical records and CDs
in pristine condition, several sets of speakers including Klipsch.
Audio equipment including amplifiers, receivers and much more. Bernina
Sewing machine with cabinet and drawers full of accessories including
material and vintage dress patterns. Furniture - Maple (1950) and Oak
(1980) bedroom sets, Cedar wardrobe and hope chest, tables, lamps,
Mirrors, chairs, Leg-O-Matic chairs and table set (1950), Conn full size
organ, Vintage 1918 Wing and Son Piano, Vintage Sheet Music, Dishes:
English Village and The Old Curiosity Shop sets, lawn movers, tiller and
much more. Collection spans 75+ years, many vintage items.

Address will be posted on Thursday 9/12

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/gms/4055226153.html

No affiliation. It looks like at least 2 pair of Heresy.

post-53438-13819860109736_thumb.jpg

So I just got back from this and picked up a pair of Heresy Is for $200. Not a bad price, but I've hooked them up and one of the speakers sounds kind of muddy--no treble definition and it plays at a lower volume than the other. The tweeter horns, mid-range horns, and bass cone all appear to be functioning . Could this be a crossover issue?

Also, to the guy that bought the other pair, how do yours sound?

Got there at 8:20, was fourth in line. Luckily only one guy ahead of me wanted the Heresys, so I got the second non-sequential set (his were sequential). $100 per speaker!!! Excellent condition, just dusty. Not much else there...Fisher, etc, Pioneer solid states. Another guy showed up 30 minutes later and tried to buy them off of me and throw in $100. Yeah right.

This is my first set of this calibre speakers and I am super excited to get my Don Sachs reconditioned HK A-300 integrated tube amp, hook them up and spin some vinyl! A big thank you to opus2K9!!!

I'll post pics as soon as I can...gotta head out of town now.

Got there at 8:20, was fourth in line. Luckily only one guy ahead of me wanted the Heresys, so I got the second non-sequential set (his were sequential). $100 per speaker!!! Excellent condition, just dusty. Not much else there...Fisher, etc, Pioneer solid states. Another guy showed up 30 minutes later and tried to buy them off of me and throw in $100. Yeah right.

This is my first set of this calibre speakers and I am super excited to get my Don Sachs reconditioned HK A-300 integrated tube amp, hook them up and spin some vinyl! A big thank you to opus2K9!!!

I'll post pics as soon as I can...gotta head out of town now.

Did you see the two Marantz receivers sell? $?

A big thank you to opus2K9!!!

+1 [Y]

Hi...guess you were the guy from CP? Thanks again for not buying both sets! [{]

Sorry to hear about the speaker issue. I don't know anything about repair, but maybe there's somebody in CP or DC who can fix it up for a reasonable price. You'd still be coming out ahead money-wise.

I just got back in town and so I haven't had time to hook mine up but I will tonight and will let you know how they sound. I was going to wait for my new tube amp to arrive but I'll drag out a Denon and just give it a whirl.

I'm glad I missed the sale. I would have dished out $100, tops and passed the deal on to another forum member. I have no need for more speakers. Hope you guys enjoy them. If you have a bad tweeter, there's plenty of help here including Bob Crites who can get you squared away without too much damage to the wallet.

Pretty sure there were no Marantz receivers, and like I said, I was one of the first in the house. There were Pioneers and a boxed Onkyo or two, but that was about it.The Heresy's were the only things worth grabbing, and grab them I did. Beer

Thanks and glad you two were able to score. They might have sold the receivers before the sale, or they weren't Marantz, but there looks to have been two of them to me. The one on the bottom will be one of the bigger ones they made.

00y0y_iPpZahxhvwj_600x450.jpg

My Heresys are working fine now. I think they'd been sitting in storage for such a long time that they needed to "warm up." I do plan on getting a pair of Crites crossover rebuild kits in the future, though.

The bottom receiver and the top one were definitely Marantz. I was planning on getting the bottom one, but they wanted $250 for it.

I also need to get a DIY tube amp kit for them--they sound a little harsh with my solid state amp. Do you guys recommend anything in particular? They are 1976 Heresy Is if that makes any difference.

Do you guys recommend anything in particular? They are 1976 Heresy Is if that makes any difference.

Yes, the Marantz on the bottom.[:P]

If it was one of the ones with 100w+, they will bring twice that price. It's been a while since I have had a Marntz, and never have had one of the big ones.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1970s-Marantz-2325-Stereo-Receiver-125-WPC-Dolby-Noise-Reduction-/200958913888?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item2eca15ad60&nma=true&si=WiWxExUh2EB%252FwV2x16mEI77qE%252B0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557