Cinema/Film Mixing studio Speakers

Dean-g

I'm thinking of installing Klipsch speakers in place of our existing JBL ones into our film mixing studio and cinema but need to get as much information as possible to present to management.

Approximately what percentage of cinemas in the USA use Klipsch as opposed to JBL's? Are they 2 or 3 way - or both? Is there a distinct difference in the tonality of Klipsch in comparison to JBL? Are cinemas in the USA using Meyer or other manufacturers?

Thank you in anticipation of your help.

Only saw this because your username caught my eye -- it's the one I used since joining the forum until I had the moderator change it to my business name.

The man that can answer your first question doesn't come in here very often if at all. I suggest you email him. roy.delgado@klipsch.com

The Cinemas use a combination of both 2 and 3 way. Configurations would be determined by size of the theatre and the required coverage pattern.

The sonic signatures vary quite a bit. I live in the Dayton area and the two cinemas that use JBL, while sounding very good, don't sound as good as the Klipsch loaded one, which just sounds cleaner, more dynamic, and has an effortless quality to it. Now, there are many factors that could account for this -- not just the loudspeakers -- and I don't have access to the full set ups.