Is Heresy ok for center with LaScala's

SonicSeeker

The Heresy might serve best when you cannot fit a LaScala. I used to put my TV on top of the LaScala but the image height is too tall. I ended up looking up at the screen instead of at. The other solution is to get an acoustically transparent screen, but that will be a compromise in image quality. Hey movie theaters do it!

I'm considering going the Heresy center channel, since a projector and AT screen are not in my "Crystal ball." I must wish I had one to demo against my lascala.

the bottom of both of my tv's are at least 40" from the ground with plenty of room for a belle or scala under it. never felt like i was looking up

The Heresy might serve best when you cannot fit a LaScala. I used to put my TV on top of the LaScala but the image height is too tall. I ended up looking up at the screen instead of at. The other solution is to get an acoustically transparent screen, but that will be a compromise in image quality. Hey movie theaters do it!

I'm considering going the Heresy center channel, since a projector and AT screen are not in my "Crystal ball." I must wish I had one to demo against my lascala.

the bottom of both of my tv's are at least 40" from the ground with plenty of room for a belle or scala under it. never felt like i was looking up

Ok, good for you.

O.K now it is going to be belle's. I bought a pair a week ago and they should be here in another week or so. I run three RF-7II's for my front sound stage right now because I just didn't think the RC sounded good enough, but I do not have the room or the resources right now for a third belle, mostly the resources.

So, the question is about belle's with a heresy which I imagine woud be the same answer.

O.K now it is going to be belle's. I bought a pair a week ago and they should be here in another week or so. I run three RF-7II's for my front sound stage right now because I just didn't think the RC sounded good enough, but I do not have the room or the resources right now for a third belle, mostly the resources.

So, the question is about belle's with a heresy which I imagine woud be the same answer.

Belles and a Heresy will sound fine. Very few people here went out and just wrote a cheque for their complete systems. Speaking for myself, it took me seven years from getting my first two Klipsch speakers (1974 La Scalas) to having the system I have today. Two of the speakers were bought just this summer.

In any case, it's not about the acquiring, it's about the enjoying. Happy listening!

3 RF7II across the front should be awesome, I'm not understaning why you want to change the sound and look with a single Belle.

I just purchased a pair of rosewood belles. We recently moved to Colorado and our new home is smaller. In our old home I had two family rooms one with Klipschorns and McIntosh gear for two channel and down stairs I had my movie set-up with five RF-7II's and six ksp-s6's and an SVS PB-13 ultra. very happy and lucky to have both. I sold the two channel set up when we moved. Now I miss the sound quality from the K-horns (badly) but do not have the room so I am getting the belle's and will have to use them for movies also. I wish I could keep both because the RF's do an excellent job on movies. I want to run the belle's off of two systems if possible with some sort of a-b amp speaker switch without degrading sound quality, I would like to run them through my surround processor for movies and switch to a two channel tube set-up for music.

There's a pair of Belle's in Southeast New Mexico for 1200.00 or trades. They need some TLC but may be of interest to you. Maybe he'd be open to trade your RF7II's +/- some cash.....

http://roswell.craigslist.org/ele/4096889672.html

What is anyone giving up by using a Heresy as a center. Isn't the concept that you set your center to Small or highpass@80hz, and your main speakers to Large? Then you calibrate the level of the center to match.

same reason you have klipsch horns instead of some rb-41's. bigger speakers generally have bigger sound.

• 4 weeks later...

If you properly level match, a Heresy will work as a center channel...in HT. in a extended stereo (center added) three channel music set up - you'd want another Belle. I started to go with a vertical Cornwall at one time because I felt that my Heresy wasn't keeping up. Did some room measurements, acoustic panels, and some PEQ and presto!!!! I retain my panning and image even at loud volumes. The best setup is always to use three identical speakers across the front, but in this case a Heresy can work - but a Belle is better.