What do you think ... Are these bastardized Cornwalls?

tlarwa

I would update the caps, seal it up, and work on cherry veneering the exterior. They could be beautiful speakers. It wouldn't be hard to make grilles using either neo magnets or snap-in grill guides. No need for veneer on the motorboard. Glue in some new dust caps. Would be a nice project! I am assuming they are Cornwall decorators. You might make a few bucks, or decide to keep them for yourself.

Email the guy through CL. These have actually been posted for several weeks. In Chicago (not the same as elsewhere), if you don't renew the posting, it is deleted after 1 week, the postings can get renewed (bumped to the top) every other day. He renewed the posting yesterday, so they might still be available.

Per the add those look to be Decorator Corns and shots inside and out of both speakers. The fourth enterior shot has the wiring run differently than the first three shots and on the front shots I'd say they have different woofers in them, they may not be consecutive or may and have had a woofer replaced. But just by looking at them I'd say they are for sure worth $400[^o)]