Caveat Emptor-Heresy

_RIGGED_

Well, it looks like I've been scammed by the proverbial little old man.

Purchased an unsightly pair of "Heresy" speakers, dude said they came from a theater, which explains the 1/4 holes in the sides. That should have been my warning to steer clear but the $250 price tag reeled me in and so did my need for a pair of speakers for upstairs. Next warning, the grills were in a serious relationship with the cabinets, no way to remove them without marking the cabinet somehow, so I gambled, and lost. During the audition, I knew something wasn't right, I thought the xovers were in need of an update or my ears just ain't what they used to be.

Take a look at the images, the crossover network has a space for tweets, they're just not there.

Time to chop them up and see if I can recoup my losses on the Bay.

RIGGED

post-32712-13819860385354_thumb.jpg

You weren't scammed, you didn't ask the right questions here before buying, you didn't know enough, and you did pay high market for Theater Heresies.

That is called not doing your homework, not "I've been scammed."

That remains to be seen, the two way theater Heresy, if there is one, then yes, I didn't do my homework however if there is no such animal, then it was a scam. He did after all have tons of speaker parts in his warehouse along with various tubes and such.

Has anyone heard of a two way "theater" Heresy?

RIGGED

yeah they were used in Theaters & night clubs ,

there was just thread on these this year , 2 ways

there is no tweeter section on that crossover

you were not Scammed at all , you just did not know what you were buying

He did tell you that they were outta a theater So he did NOT mislead you

Thanks...

Lesson learned..Dang it, a Heresy without a tweeter is down right, well, just plain Heresy.lol

On a positive note, out of curiousity, I connected a "driver" to the tweeter section to see if I would get sound......and yeppers, I got me some tweetin, so, it looks like I'll need to do some cuttin and order me a pair of tweeters.

Yea, I know,connectin that other driver, isn't proper and all, hell, it's Heresy but it's all I had.

RIGGED

post-32712-13819860461732_thumb.jpg

Fastslappy, or anyone who knows, are the highs supposed to come out of the mids for this model?

Having owned a pair of 3 way Heresy, the midrange sounds like pretty much like before,I was surprised when I connected a driver to the tweeter terminal and got sound, it sounded much better.

RIGGED

Are you planning to cut a tweeter in to the motorboard? It seems like it would be an easy thing to do, and install some Crites. I'm sure somebody here can give you exact measurements for the motorboard hole you would need to cut. I would, but my Heresy's are at my lake house.

Yep, that's the plan.

The model is TH-SR.