Oppo

Salvador

I finally saved up enough money to buy the 105, issue is I'm afraid that a new model will be released soon. Does any one have any idea when the new models will be released?

What do you fear a new model will have that the 105 does not? From my understanding, user reviews and professional reviews indicate that it would be hard to improve on the performance that the 105 already possesses. Personally, I go for the "older" model when the new ones come out to save $$$.

Bill

I finally saved up enough money to buy the 105, issue is I'm afraid that a new model will be released soon. Does any one have any idea when the new models will be released?

What do you fear a new model will have that the 105 does not? From my understanding, user reviews and professional reviews indicate that it would be hard to improve on the performance that the 105 already possesses. Personally, I go for the "older" model when the new ones come out to save $$$.

Bill

I agree with this... a few things that might be improved is HDMI 2.0 and some native 4k technology. but either of those would nto stop me from getting a 105 if you were not overly concerned with 4k

How soon do you think you will be using 2.0 hdmi is the only thing i would be worried about. Not sure if these oppo players will be able to be upgraded to 2.0 (from an update). I hope they can because i see myself going to 2.0 in the next few years. And would hate to have to upgrade my player.

My (uneducated) guess is that the BDP-103 and BDP-105 won't be replaced for another 12 to 18 months . . .

I rcently replace the BDP-83 in my family room with the -103 - what a machine!

The -83 now resides in my MBR.

Pretty much. And then when the BDP113/115 come out, the next set of upgrades will be making the rumor mill.

The BDP-103 Darbee Edition takes home theater beyond accuracy and
provides enhanced depth and realism to the visual experience.

Give us your e-mail address and we'll notify you about the availability of
the BDP-103 Darbee Edition which we currently expect in early October.

http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-bdp-103/blu-ray-BDP-103D-Overview.aspx