Best Combonation Subs ?

klipguy

What is a good combination for dual subs , would it be two of the same kind or two diffrent , i mean say, two 15" subs or is it better to combine a 15" sub with a 10" sub? does the 10" hit faster in some movies parts that the 15" will miss?

generally i see people using dual SVS's more often than any other dual sub setup. I would keep the same brand at least. sonosubs, like SVS subs, do a great job at everything they are meant to do.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

Justy go back to your LoudMedia section now,I know you try to pile up the largest number of posts.But please let grown ups do the talking here. cwm27.gif

klipguy,

Nonsense,you dont need a 15" sub for deep bass and a 10 or 8" for the upper "sub bass".

A subwoofer needs only climb up to 60Hz if the speakers used are floorstanders and up to 100Hz if you use smallish monitors.

There is NO need for the dual upper and lower subs use,its BS.I wont even name the mag that had the idea because it was stuuuupid.

Best example of defined subwoofer is the Velodyne HGS18,its both clean,can hit hard and will dig to below 16Hz.You dont need and HGS10 or 12 as upper "sub bass" help.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

So you agree with me then Ears, no such thing as needing one sub for this and another sub for another in the same setup, as long as you have quality subs which reproduce the full SUBwoofer frequency sweep.

Don't get such an ego.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

quote:

Originally posted by Seb:

there he goes again...

maybe he is compensating for something that is not that "BIG"

j/k of course Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

well guys im thinking of buying another sub i have the RSW 15 & ksp 400 mains , they alone have powered 15" subs, but i was wondering if im missing anything if i had a 10" or a 12" for a second sub..? my friend has a definitive 15" sub in front and a 10" sub in the back, and i swear i hear the 10" sub more than the 15" for small rumbles...

This message has been edited by klipguy on 07-07-2002 at 12:17 AM

With another sub you will get more output,that is it.

If you want more output dont buy anything under a 12"(SVS makes the most potent 12" subs),or if you want more output and want a small sub the Sunfire Signature will pound out about the same down low as the RSW15.30Hz and below the Signature beats the RSW15,and its a fraction of the RSW15 size!It is however more expensive

TheEAR(s) Now theears