Would you do this? RF7ii HT system

cyclones22

I have the opportunity to purchase the RF7ii HT system new, for @$2900 out the door. I have a 9 year old RF15 system and feel it's time for an upgrade and I'm not sure I can pass up this opportunity. Any thoughts and advice would be appreciated. And if I do this, what AVR would you recommend to drive them? Can I get something capable for these speakers under $1k?

• Moderators

Wow, going from RF-15 to RF-7ii is going to ROCK YOUR WORLD! I'm not familiar with current RF-7ii pricing so I'll let others comment on that. Give W.C at Panacea Engineering. He is an authorized Klipsch dealer and a member of the forums. He will cut you a great deal. His contact info is at www.panaceaengineering.com

And if I do this, what AVR would you recommend to drive them? Can I get something capable for these speakers under $1k?

Absolutely. I love my HK AVR 3600. I paid less than $400 for it used. It would drive them with no problem. You can always add an amp down the road. If you want networking capabilities, Airplay, 3D, check out the newer HK AVR 3700.

I have the opportunity to purchase the RF7ii HT system new, for @$2900 out the door. I have a 9 year old RF15 system and feel it's time for an upgrade and I'm not sure I can pass up this opportunity. Any thoughts and advice would be appreciated. And if I do this, what AVR would you recommend to drive them? Can I get something capable for these speakers under $1k?

What all comes in this system?

I have the opportunity to purchase the RF7ii HT system new, for @$2900 out the door. I have a 9 year old RF15 system and feel it's time for an upgrade and I'm not sure I can pass up this opportunity. Any thoughts and advice would be appreciated.

If it's the entire system, (surrounds and sub included) that's a great deal. Even just the towers and center for that price is still a good deal for new "A" stock.

System consists of:

• (2) RF-7 II Floorstanding Speakers
  • (1) RC-64 II Center Channel Speaker
  • (2) RS-62 II Surround Speakers
  • (1) SW-115 Subwoofer

Better grab it before it is gone. There are a ton of good avr's. Onkyo, Marantz, Pioneer, Denon, Sherwood, ect. Just get something that has the rated power with all channels driven and preout if you are thinking of getting an amp. Spend some money for a decent avr since that is a Flagship system, he he.

Yeah I'd say top brands are gonna be marantz, denon, pioneer, onkyo. Whatever you get make sure it has pre outs to add an external amp for all speakers. With that flagship system your gonna want to try an amp down the line

I second the Harman Kardon AV 3600 great sound music and movies. My son bought a Pioneer Elite VSX-51 and I would take the H/K over it anyday. Just my 2 cents.

I have the opportunity to purchase the RF7ii HT system new, for @$2900 out the door.

Great price, go for it.[Y]

And if I do this, what AVR would you recommend to drive them? Can I get something capable for these speakers under $1k?

If HT is your primary enjoyment, I would get an upper midlevel OnkyoTX-NR818(with Audyssey MultEQ XT32) and a multichannel amp.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/ONKTXNR818/Onkyo-TX-NR818-7.2-Ch-THX-Certified-Network-A/V-Receiver/1.html

or go get this

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/ele/4052936492.html

If the Pioneer Elite does not have all you want, sell it for $300.00 to $400.00 and get the Onkyo 818 and come in under your $1000.00 target.

Bill

Thank you all for the responses and recommendations. I have the option to select any Klipsch system for that type of discount before end of year and I was thinking long and hard about just going with the RF82ii. I think the modern day equivalent of the RF15 setup (which I also got a for a great price 9 years ago) is the RF42ii or RF52ii, right? I wanted a massive upgrade and now I'm of the thinking that may as well go flagship Reference if I'm doing my almost once a decade upgrade, right? It's just a matter of just pulling the trigger since I already have the cash on hand for the system and an AVR/amp. If/When I do this, I'll definitely post pics of my setup. I just sprung for a Samsung 64F8500, so the upgrade my HT bug has already bit me once this summer. I've been running the numbers on my budget for days to make sure I'm not overextending myself [:D].

Wow that craigslist listing looks too good to be true. That or I'm completely unaware of pricing in the used market. Probably a bit of both.

I have the opportunity to purchase the RF7ii HT system new, for @$2900 out the door.

Great price, go for it.Yes

If HT is your primary enjoyment, I would get an upper midlevel OnkyoTX-NR818(with Audyssey MultEQ XT32) and a multichannel amp.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/ONKTXNR818/Onkyo-TX-NR818-7.2-Ch-THX-Certified-Network-A/V-Receiver/1.html

or go get this

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/ele/4052936492.html

If the Pioneer Elite does not have all you want, sell it for $300.00 to $400.00 and get the Onkyo 818 and come in under your $1000.00 target.

Bill

if you don't get that 7ii set up... if it is indeed available in that configuration... you are insane!

the best price I have seen for 7ii's BY THEMSELVES is around $1800 with no shipping for B stock... if you can get that set up with everything for 2900 and it's A stock that is an UNBELIEVABLE deal... emphasis on unbelievable.

Thanks everyone for your responses and advice. I just cut a check for the total, so with any luck on Monday, the order will be complete [Y]. I'm leaning toward powering it with the Onkyo TX-NR818, as I've had positive experiences with Onkyo recently. I still have a pristine Denon 3805 that I bought in 2004, but I don't know anything about their newer products nowadays and if they're a good match with Klipsch now.

These are absolutely "A" stock, by the way. It's coming from Klipsch, direct. Working for a commercial partner has its benefits.