Would you do this? RF7ii HT system

cyclones22

Thanks everyone for your responses and advice. I just cut a check for the total, so with any luck on Monday, the order will be complete Yes. I'm leaning toward powering it with the Onkyo TX-NR818, as I've had positive experiences with Onkyo recently. I still have a pristine Denon 3805 that I bought in 2004, but I don't know anything about their newer products nowadays and if they're a good match with Klipsch now.

These are absolutely "A" stock, by the way. It's coming from Klipsch, direct. Working for a commercial partner has its benefits.

Congrats and welcome to the rf-7ii family :)

I will post pictures when I get them, for sure. I ordered the cherry version and was told they are "hand finished in Hope, AR". Yeah, marketing-speak from the rep, I'm sure. I'm definitely excited and can't believe I was wasting time fretting over doing this initially. Now it's time to purchase a new AVR and potentially a separate amp for the fronts and center in the future.

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome... looks excellent. wise decision. I bet that system (with the 115) can really piss off the neighbors.

can you move your sub around? I have my 115 in the same position and it's in a slight null... but i really can not move mine around much(for now)

Awesome... looks excellent. wise decision. I bet that system (with the 115) can really piss off the neighbors.

can you move your sub around? I have my 115 in the same position and it's in a slight null... but i really can not move mine around much(for now)

Actually, I live in an upstairs condo which is only 3 years old. The sound dampening is pretty incredible because I had my neighbor up for a demo and we ran it on the Hong Kong scene of Pacific Rim (monstrous - no pun intended - LFE) and the bass wasn't too bad in his unit at -15 volume. We couldn't hear the music at all. While in my house, it was like a movie theater.

I originally had the SW115 3 feet to the left of the left front and the LFE was just obnoxious in that position after running XT32. Someone else recommended the positioning it's in now and I prefer it in that spot.

Thanks! I got a lot of advice in the Klipsch owners forum on AVS while this site was down. Tried about 5 different speaker and sub placements and MultEQ XT32 calibrations before I settled on what's in that pic. I ended up with the Onkyo 818 as my AVR.

Many of us are here, too, but, never knew what a killer deal you got!!! WoW