Some sad news

jhoak

Thank you all for you kind words, thoughts, and prayers. They are greatly appreciated.

I was her first born so Mom and I had a kind of "special" relationship. That's not to say that she didn't love all 4 of us equally but she and I shared things that we didn't share with my brother and sisters.

Frankly, the magnitude of my loss still hasn't fully struck me. I'm not sure when it will. The funeral is scheduled for Monday. I suspect it'll be one of the hardest thing I'll ever do.

For those who wish to see here is her obituary published in the local newspaper:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/theledger/obituary.aspx?n=carole-j-hoak&pid=167069583&fhid=7783#fbLoggedOut

Jeff,

My heart is still aching that you are faced with this time of sorrow. It is obvious that your love for your mom(and dad) is something to be admired and this sad news prompted me to call my 84 year old mother to just tell her "I love you". You are a wonderful devoted son that we all can immitate.

Bill

Jeff,

I'm saddened to hear of your sudden loss. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. As others have mentioned, be sure to provide a lot of support to your father. He's going to need all of you while he deals with his grief.

Keep your head up brother. Time marches on...

Mike

Mom's memorial service was held yesterday. It was a true and meaningful tribute to her life and enduring faith. Not a dry eye in the house. Mine included.

In the hours since I can't seem to stop crying for her. And as bad as I feel for the loss for my mother I feel even worse for my father over the loss of his wife of 50+ years.