Vertical Cornwalls

Montego

Not really more valuable. They were designed to either stand upright or lay down. I have a pair of '64 vertical Cornwalls. I prefer them to the standard Cornwalls, I like the tweeters being further apart....just my opinion. I feel like it spreads the sound out better. I'd say $1200 is a bit steep though......

remember the grills are not removable on this set from 1967

i also like the verticals. owned 3 pairs of them. 71-72-74 in teak-walnut & mahogany

wouldn't bother me one bit to pay $1200 for them if in my town and no shipping

sound the same as regulars

someone took very good care of them, the back labels are in mint condition as are the arrows. my 74's had that cloth that was stained and thats when i got into making removable grills for them in black and cane

The grills on the verticals cover the motorboard. To change the grill cloth you have to take the back off and remove the screws from the inside that hold the motorboard to the cabinet. There is no removeable grill as in pull on, pull off.

Not to mention the 1000 staples that hold them on, staples must have been very cheap, lol.