Cornscala vs thx ultra 2 for lcr?

Scrappydue

I've rebuilt crossovers in mine as well as just installed the crites tweeters. I'm just scared to try and move my screen and all kinds if stuff to try one as a center channel. But I'm betting cornscalas would dominate them. Plus I'd get my musical side of it back. The thx just aren't musical at all really.

I almost wonder if three chorus ii with upgraded TI diaphragms would be all most as good for movies. I really like that TI sound for movies. Plus it would be way cheaper im sure.

i have a member by me who I'm getting a couple cornscala cabinets from. So I just need components for them plus a third which I would build. Based off of bobs plans of course. My Cornwalls are gonna get the original tweeter re installed so they will in fact be all original which is why I wanted them. So I'll need one extra cabinets and then three of everything. I'm debating in what I would use for surrounds with them. Something from the cinema line like the vb-8001's and then the kpt-8001's in the back.

Yes. I have a few things. I already own (4) LSI's so I would only need one more for a 5.1 setup( and a room to fit it in). What I'm curious about is your opinion on the sound moving from the thx over to the cornscalas. I haven been wanting to try the thx system for a while but if the results of the cornscalas are better than I'm halfway there. My other concern is power( headroom) I'm looking at the marantz separates but I don't think it would be enough power for the thx series at only 150/ch but it might work on la scalas due to efficiency maybe bi amping them at that power would help, I'm not sure how it really works) .im sure there are a lot more powerful and better amps out there buy my OCD has me stuck on these since he majority of the components in the house share a rack and I want to keep everything looking the same.

I have Cornscala and Heresy as my LCR for home theatre and use the Cornscala's in my 2 channel rig as well ( switch out speaker wires ). Having the sensitivity of the Corns/Heresy up front makes it real easy on the receiver.

I have not heard the THX line, but with the setup I have now I could guess that I am not missing anythin. Cornscala all the way.

• 1 month later...

I've rebuilt crossovers in mine as well as just installed the crites tweeters. I'm just scared to try and move my screen and all kinds if stuff to try one as a center channel. But I'm betting cornscalas would dominate them. Plus I'd get my musical side of it back. The thx just aren't musical at all really.

<p>

I'm really hoping this has changed for ya, but the musicality of the 650's all depend on the source and amplification. I prefer the sound and smoothness of the 650's over my 63's and heresys. I recall Mark and Trey saying the 650's have the smoothest freq response of any speaker Klipsch provides.

source would be ps3 to onkyo 805 to sherbourn pa7-350. all the avs guys that have been here said they preferred my 63's in the exact same setup for music. so its not just my ears.

Scrappy,

You know my take on that. I think the RF-63's are the most musical Reference speakers to date. And I ain't just saying that cause I own a pair.

Bill