Wanted: K52 1 3/8-18 adapter

CANT

This is a long shot but I need the 1 3/8-18 adapter from a K52H/K52K for testing. I found a guy on eBay who sells new units he makes himself but they are more than I would like to spend on something I may not even use?

I have an extra K53K if somebody needs one and wants to trade?

the metal snout used on the K52H is not the same exit size as the plastic snout used with the K53,K61 on the KLF20/30 K703 mid horn. If you fail to match the exit size of the snout adapter to the enterance size of the horn that you intend to ues you will have reflection problems. A K703 horn (KLF20/30) has a larger throat than does a K700. Missmatches of enterance size and enterance angles of horns and adapters are critical if you want to achieve optimum performance. Hope this helps. Best regards Moray James.

PS: if you are using a K700 why not just pick up a pair of resin K701 better horn and no problem matchingsnouts etc.

the metal snout used on the K52H is not the same exit size as the plastic snout used with the K53,K61 on the KLF20/30 K703 mid horn. If you fail to match the exit size of the snout adapter to the enterance size of the horn that you intend to ues you will have reflection problems. A K703 horn (KLF20/30) has a larger throat than does a K700. Missmatches of enterance size and enterance angles of horns and adapters are critical if you want to achieve optimum performance. Hope this helps. Best regards Moray James.

PS: if you are using a K700 why not just pick up a pair of resin K701 better horn and no problem matchingsnouts etc.

I believe I understand what you are saying but to my knowledge none of the K55 drivers exits actually match the K700 throat opening? It's generally not a concern for designers as the chamber up to the threaded mount is just for building compression. The actual sound wave starts at the throat opening. I would personally error on the side of a smooth transition as well if I were designing from scratch but I am not. If it helps to understand, I am attempting to compare the combination of K79 / K53 and K792 (w/K79 motor) / K66 (w/K52 adapter/motor)... I feel like this is the fairest comparison of the 2 horn sets as possible...

I think that it would be a very difficult argument to make to disagree with your observation that designers (or more realisticly theit employers) show little to no concern regarding the matching ot couplers and adapters snouts such as wh have discussed. You do need to remember that once the mompromise of an adapter has been made that there is already considerable compromise in thwe design. That is why I commented thet the Resin K701 is a beter horn. There are many reasons for such compromises and not one of those is performance.

The actual sound wave eminates from the diaphragm and any change of angle which is not true to the expansion flare of the horn especially a negative one will cause error and reflection back to the diaphragm where cancellation will occur. This is critical and will happed regardless of the manufacturers choices. You can measure your driver exit s and your horn entrances. The K79 horn has a phaseplug which is designed for the diaphragm normally used with it. If you change the driver to a K53 you will have to rempve the K79 phase plug. A short parallel sided wall is not harmfull but you would want to keep it as short as possible. I am not famaliar with the other two horn lenses that you mentioned by number. What range are you looking to reproduce? Best regards Moray James.