DeanG modified AA crossover for Khorn, Bell, or LaScala

emmvette

For sale is a pair of gently used modified type AA crossover made by DeanG.
The build includes high quality Kimber Kaps.

Dean puts a lot of time into his builds and it shows.

These were $475 new.

$375 for the pair.

Copying from Dean, some info on the build:

"A lot of people find the stock midrange output to be too forward -- for those folks, I drop the output 3dB. This is especially benefical to those who listen at live listening levels. When given a choice, like what is provided with Al's networks, most will in relatively short order find that dropping the midrange output a little produces a subjectively more listenable sound. So, that is the first modification. The second modification is that I change the tweeter filter from a Chebyshev alignment to a Butterworth. This smooths out the response of the K-77 and puts a little bump at the top range of its FR which sounds nice. I did comparisons both ways many times with my own Klipschorns and always preferred the Butterworth alignment. Like all networks, this one has a "sweet spot". Sitting 12 to 14 feet back, and between 90 and 95dB, it really opens up.

These will work in the Belle, LaScala, and Klipschorn of any vintage. The difference in output between the K-55-V and K-55-M is often overstated."

These sound excellent!

NetworkAA4_zps2107c407.jpg

• 4 weeks later...