I got a new toy......

Scrappydue

That looks like one heavy-duty unit. I just looked at a review on it that even suggests running it on 220V for best effect. That seems a bit extreme. I've got a pair of 500Wpc amps plus a 500 watt sub running on the same circuit with no issues.

When driving Klipsch speakers, it's not likely you'll ever use much of the amp's power, except during transient peaks. It is great to have all that headroom for those parts of the music, though.

I run everything you see in my profile in the theater room off of a single line. And never demo'ed loud enough to pop a breaker. Now I have been to two different demos in which both guys blew breakers but one was 8db above reference and another was 16 db over reference. And both those demos were with 4 ohms speakers.

I wanted to add running off a 15 amp circuit is not going to harm anything. What it will do is not put out full power when you really need it at higher volume and sacrifice your extra headroom.

Your existing 15 amp circuit should be 14 guage wire.

20 amp should run a 12 guage wire & 20 amp breaker.

220 volt 30 amp circuit should use 10 guage wire.

If you feel you can do it yourself and need help feel free to contact me and i will guide you through.

That looks like one heavy-duty unit. I just looked at a review on it that even suggests running it on 220V for best effect. That seems a bit extreme.

220V as in European power? That is not the same as our 240V. You should not attempt to connect this to a 240V outlet without substantially changing the electronics inside the amp unless the operating instructions tell you to do so. Euro 220V is single phase, and US 240V is two phase. I doubt the amp has a 4 prong outlet necessary for 240V.

I think he meant 220 as in like what a dryer would use. But it doesn't matter, I will never be pulling that much juice from this thing. A regular 20 amp line with a 20 amp plug will be plenty. And only doing it for warranty purposes. Like I said I run two amps on it already and NEVER run then even close to hard.

That looks like one heavy-duty unit. I just looked at a review on it that even suggests running it on 220V for best effect. That seems a bit extreme.

220V as in European power? That is not the same as our 240V. You should not attempt to connect this to a 240V outlet without substantially changing the electronics inside the amp unless the operating instructions tell you to do so. Euro 220V is single phase, and US 240V is two phase. I doubt the amp has a 4 prong outlet necessary for 240V.

There should be a switch in back of the power supply to switch back and fourth from 110v to 220v.

Thanks for the suggestions but I am not going to run a 220 line. You should know with your la scalas that Klipsch do not need that kind of power. My speakers are crossed over at 100 hz and I never go above reference. So there is just no need for it. This line is going to be temoporary as I am in a family rental. So it will get taken out once we move. Wanting to keep price down low as possible.

There should be a switch in back of the power supply to switch back and fourth from 110v to 220v.

Yes, that is to switch from USA power (120/240-60Hz) to Euro power (220/50Hz). Not the same thing as a 240 volt clothes dryer outlet. In a 240 receptacle, two of the spades are 120V legs. In Euro power, one leg is 220V to ground. I'm pretty sure you can't simply twist two 120V hot wires together to make 240V and be in electrical code compliance. I am not a licensed electrician, but common sense tells me you don't want to. For that reason, you would need to do voltage conversion via transformer to step the 120V up to 220, which would be silly in this situation. In this situation, if you need a higher (20A) amp receptacle, run large enough wire and install a large enough breaker to install the higher amp receptacle.