The BEST way to clean & preserve vinyl

DizRotus

Moving is probably out of the question?

After I know the weight and size of a bottle containing 6 tsp (~30 ml) of Cyastat, we can each calculate the cost to ship from Detroit, MI to Western Australia and formulate a plan.

Edited by DizRotus

When I'm ready to dispense, I'll post the numbers. Anyone from the forum who sends a self-addressed pre-paid shipping container and makes a PayPal reimbursement, or sends an address and makes a PayPal reimbursement will be sent a bottle.

Best,

Neil

Just so I'm clear on this... you're only dispensing the anti-static fluid (CYASTAT SN). We'll be responsible for procuring the rest of the materials for the RW cleaner recipe ourselves.

Thanks!

Will you take Cash if it is contained in shipping container? Only done Pay Pal once. Not sure I can find my account. But I can find cash. :rolleyes:

All types of Relationships are built on trust.

If in doubt, ask Carl.

John

Edited by Taz

For the "peel" he suggested using up to 10% of "denatured" alcohol - his wording strongly suggests he's referring to ethanol, and the editor's comments suggest a bottle of vodka as being the least expensive source.

NEVER confuse ethanol with methylated spirits, especially when making a martini!

Purest from of ethanol would be Everclear or equivalent pure grain alcohol (PGA). You can get it at the liquor store and dilute as you mentioned to "taste" (or whatever). Pure fuel grade methanol will work as well as the additives to make it poisonous are chosen to be chemically neutral. Just keep it away from the bar.

Dave

On 1/14/2014 at 11:46 AM, iRONic said:

On 1/11/2014 at 9:35 AM, DizRotus said:

When I'm ready to dispense, I'll post the numbers. Anyone from the forum who sends a self-addressed pre-paid shipping container and makes a PayPal reimbursement, or sends an address and makes a PayPal reimbursement will be sent a bottle.

Best,

Neil

Just so I'm clear on this... you're only dispensing the anti-static fluid (CYASTAT SN). We'll be responsible for procuring the rest of the materials for the RW cleaner recipe ourselves.

Thanks!

You're correct. Everything other than Cyastat SN is readily available (see post #69 above). I wouldn't even be dispensing Cyastat SN if it were readily available in relatively small quantities to individuals, but it's not, so I am.

Cyastat SN in the house.

The package with four 1 qt. plastic bottles arrived today. Each bottle has the cap sealed with a plastic band. Each bottle is then in a clear plastic bag. The bottles arrived on a pad of absorbent material. All for good reason. One of the bottles leaked in transit. There was approximately 1 oz of liquid loose in the plastic bag. A small amount of liquid had leaked from the bag and spotted the absorbent pad.

I recovered nearly 1 oz. from the plastic bag. The 2 oz brown bottle in the photo is nearly half full. I'll probably send each person 1 oz in a 2 oz glass bottle with the cap taped and in a plastic bag inside a second plastic bag, Finally, the sealed double bagged bottle will be wrapped in absorbent padding (perhaps a clean diaper). Those precautions should prevent problems caused by leaking liquid.

I leave on Friday 1/17 for a convention in DC, to return the weekend of 1/25. Upon my return, I'll sort out the shipping issues and alternatives.

To be clear, 2 oz of Cyastat SN (enough to mix up 16 oz of Elvanol and still have some left over) will be sent as a gift to worthy audio enthusiasts, who promise to try the Reg Williamson cleaning system. The rest of the ingredients are easily obtained (see post #69 above). In exchange for the free Cyastat SN, reimbursement for the bottle and the shipping is requested. I won't know the reimbursement amount until I return from DC, but I expect it to be $10 (possibly less). PayPal is preferred. The final details will be provided after 1/25.

Best,

Neil

post-6832-0-26720000-1389828550_thumb.jp

Edited by DizRotus

"Looks like I will have to make myself...our customs people are hard nosed on any liquids that come into the country (so I have been told) that do not have some sort of certification or approval. Maybe need to disguise as 7 Up!"

Perhaps we could put it in Fosters cans

Don't forget what happened when you let in the rabbits.

Posted from Arlington, VA

Edited by DizRotus