Oh the Joy!

NOSValves

One of the Joy's of being in the biz...manufacturers allow you to squeeze them for free tubes and other components for evaluation thumbsup.gif Too early to form an opinion just got a chance to get them hot... my NBS prototype preamp is on the bench for some tweaking so it maybe a few days before I comment about Sonics. Without it in my system my sonic evaluation would be flawed at this time. Electrically they seem to work fine. I really question the raised heater voltage specification since it does not cause a bit of voltage drop on my heater circuit. The KT-120 didn't either... The plate structure of this KT-150 tube is visually dead nuts identical to the KT-120 just taller and KT-120 plate structure is identical to the Tung-sol reissue 6550 just taller. I suppose the KT-200 will most likely be a bit taller than the KT-150.....and so on wink.gif

Cheers Craig

post-7461-1381986099553_thumb.jpg

Tex he has come a long way since you were here. He is super smart... I'm not all that sure I'm smart enough to keep him at bay LOL!! I already love the heck out of my little boy. That picture was about a month ago. Here is one I just took! He spent this evening over at a neighbors playing with 5 really large Labs! He had a ball and was very well behaved after the first few minutes, but those first few minutes were interesting as he tried to tear them (all 6 of them mind you) a new A-hole....this little sucker has NO FEAR.

post-7461-1381986099849_thumb.jpg

NOSValves: Kind regards to you, Craig! I haven't talked with you since you rebuilt my '61 EICO ST70, which is still kicking out the jams in our garage via the Heresey III's! I hope you and the Mrs. are both well and Max looks like a great little guy to have around! Take care my friend! -Glenn

Looks good! I'm liking those Mullard Box Plate tubes myself [:)]

Jack russels are cool dogs for sure. Almost too smart, as you know. Good lookin dog.

I think your dealer needs another opinion of these tubes.... Two people trying them out in the same amps would be the best way to review them, no?

Jordan,

Since firing them up I have had them biased to .80V which equals 80mA which in turn equals 40 watts of plate dissipation. That is about as hard as I can push them without stressing the $150 5AR4 rectifiers. So I'm going to pop in some SS rectifiers and pump it up to 100mA soon and then 120mA............ if they make to 120mA without melt down New Sensor has really done something. They sound really good as is.... I seriously doubt pushing them harder will net Sonic improvement but they were sent to me to evaluate the longevity at extreme punishment.

Did you pump up the KT-120's like I suggested? What did you think?

Glenn,

It has been too long my friend! We are doing wonderful now living in the north country up near West Branch! The wife had a bout with Cancer this year and one the battle with a total knock out. It was expensive but the pain of the cost is way out weighed by the results! You and the Mrs. should take a fall color tour and come up and visit!

Craig

I stayed away, I stayed away, I stayed away, but finally I've succumbed.

Those tubes like silver suppositories , not that I ever had any occasion

to use them.

Max looks cute though. Of course, real men only hang out with dogs that meet

minimum height. If it doesn't come up to your knee, throw it in the frying pan,

it's not a dog, it's a snack.

I just opened up a cruelty to animals case...Big Smile

Let me know where to report for testifying against this obvious cruel person. I can hardly wait to say.. "Sickum Max" when I finally get to meet Marty in person. Max is totally fearless and 100% dog.