Oh the Joy!

NOSValves

Play with him often. They are very trainable dogs also. Teach him Frisbee, to go get the paper, catch a ball, dance for treats... They are very quick/swift little dogs that can jump! Don't be surprised if he latches on to the wife. They can be very protective of their choice master, and being he is a boy.... They are also good hunters and like to kill.

My mother has a Jack Russell that was so fast (he's allot older now), you'd look at him, look away for a second, look back for the dog, and he'd be gone. Almost like magic the way he could disappear so quickly, without a sound.

Paul,

Thanks for the info. I just lost a Rat terrier of 13 years last fall and my whippett this spring. Rats are very similar breeds. This dog reminds me very much of boo boo the bear... my rats official name was terror which fit her perfect as a pup, boy was she a handful! As she grew up she became a bit grumpy if she was resting and you decided to pet her she would growl at you, my wife started calling her a little Bear......I took it further and started calling her Boo Boo like Yogi's little buddy in the cartoon. So I'm well aware of how to train this type of dog. We bonded nearly instantly and he rarely will venture more than 30 feet from me. He learns extremely fast! He also has helped me cut nearly 30 lbs of extra load to carry in two months he has been with me. We take a 45 minute or so walk every morning and evening! He does love to hunt! Well I'm rambling on and these smart phones browsers will not format my posting so I'm sure this will be painful to read....

JL,

Yea Rats are very special breed! When we added Boo Boo to our family I was really looking for a Jack Russell and just by chance found her close by for a whopping $150 with papers...One meeting and I new she was to be mine!

Update on Max...last night I was watching the bottom of ninth inning of the AL wild card game and Max was playing around the living room, so I thought. I felt something pushing against my ankle, like three times.... I was really into the game......looked down and it was Max's food bowl! He had used his nose and pushed it 16' across the room to tell me he was hungry! 4 months old this dog is a genius!

I believe I have hijacked my own thread..... What tube was it we were talking about?

Jordan,

Since firing them up I have had them biased to .80V which equals 80mA which in turn equals 40 watts of plate dissipation. That is about as hard as I can push them without stressing the $150 5AR4 rectifiers. So I'm going to pop in some SS rectifiers and pump it up to 100mA soon and then 120mA............ if they make to 120mA without melt down New Sensor has really done something. They sound really good as is.... I seriously doubt pushing them harder will net Sonic improvement but they were sent to me to evaluate the longevity at extreme punishment.

Did you pump up the KT-120's like I suggested? What did you think?

Craig, I have not bumped the KT-120's past .80V yet. I will probably try it this weekend. I sure do like the sound of them in the VRD's though. Very smooth and extended on both ends. Great, solid bass with lot's of control. Excellent mids. The upgrade from the Hovland coupling caps to the Duelund Cast Copper ended up being EXTREMELY beneficial as well now that they have had a little time to come into their own. Just wish they were less expensive.

After pushing the shite out of these KT-150 I would not advise going any further on the KT-120's I seriously doubt they would have a happy life much higher then you have them right now. In fact you might want to just back them down the .70 so they will last longer. I like the KT-120 fine and seriously doubt the cost of the KT-150 will net any improvement which will be well over $300 a quad from what I understand.

Note to VRD owners reading this: Jordan owns a early pair of VRD's where they were setup for the .70V bias point. If you have a newer set that was tweaked to allow longer tube life out of regular run of the mill KT-88's with a recommended bias point of .55V you should not bias them that high. It will work just fine but slightly starve the front end tubes for the proper operating voltages and most likely make the amplifier sound worse. Which might give you a skewed view of the KT??? tube you might be trying out. In reality very little if anything to gain from biasing them that hot anyway.

Say didn't Frasier Crane, the ulitmate liberal and upper crust snob have a Jack Russel?

I do believe your hanging out with a dog whose a democrat.

In before the hiatus (that's a fancy uptown word in case you were wondering).

• 3 weeks later...

Terriers are smart. My wife had one that woke me up one morning. I thought someone was kicking the bedroom door really hard. I got up and opened the door to find smoke down to about knee level. No damage, Kathy was making toast in the oven, went outside and forgot about it. :smile:

Taz