How much have you spent on the speakers you currently use?

wuzzzer

How much have I spent !! Oh My !!! Well it started last summer with 2 Cerwin Vega m-80's $200, 2 Cerwin Vega at-12's $160, a Pioneer vsx-d704s $105, all in the garage, A pioneer vsx-d603s $95 and a set of jbl t-100's for free saved from a trash run interception as they were about to be thrown away, just needed the woofers refoamed which was $50 for the kit and a couple hours of peace and quiet working on them in the garage enjoying music which was priceless :rolleyes: ,  and is the now the spare bedroom setup. The man cave setup is just about complete now with 2 klipsch r-26f's $420 , a klipsch rc-3ii $150 , 2 klipsch rs-35's $150, 2 klipsch rb-61ii's $218 , a klipsch r-10sw $200 , another sub of the same coming soon for hopefully about the same cost  and all powered by a pioneer sc-07 $350 , a nice small 7.2 configuration. And for extras, Hmmmm lets see, a spare set or klipsch rs-3's $190 , spare set of klipsch tangent t-5000's $250 , a spare pioneer vsx-1015tx $150, and a few more pieces which I'm guessing at around $200 more or so. Not including the pieces I have bought and just not be satisfied with and resold. ( I'm guessing another $500-600 more ). And I still have 1 more 9.2 system to build in the downstairs living room which I plan to take my time and do tons of research before I tackle that. Good thing my wife thinks I shop at goodwill huh :P

• Like 1

I spent more money on capacitors and networks (well into the thousands) than most people spent on speakers.

Makes me sick when I add up all I spent on the whole ball of wax.

It's been several years now and I might have gone for something altogether different with that kind of money today.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

$1550 for P17Bs, $360 for R-28Fs, $230 for Academy, $200 for KTDS, $475 for Bowers CM5, $0 for AR215PS... The latter two won't be in use until after moving. So coming in just south of 2500 now, gonna go up as I add subs, a pair of diy speakers, and utilize a second/third system in the future