New Klipsch Speakers???

Neo

Can anyone tell me anything about the new line in klipsch speakers. I saw the picture of what kind of looked like RF-3's but in a wood grain finish. And same with what looked like a RC-3, and what looked like what I've heard to be a RSW-15, can anyone at klipsch give me details on where to find info??

New line will be exciting! Some features will include MASSIVE (almost 1lb.) woofer magnet structures, "extra heavy duty" stamped sheet metal woofer baskets, extensive use of 1/2" THICK MDF, Injection molded polystyrene tractrix mid-range horns, CO networks fabricated from the finest FAR EAST (Chinese) components avialable, all wrapped up in cabinet work that would make "O'Sullivan" envious.

Costs will be partitioned according to what market will bear, will have no basis on actual manufacturing costs ("Joe Chevy" and his T-shirt clad girlfriend expects to pay $499.99 for a pr. of "Klipsch" speakers, then "BY GOD" we'll give him a pr.)

I find it fascinating that a company would host a bulletin board permitting uncensored bashing of their products.

I wonder how many of the companies that the bulletin board members work for (or own) would tolerate that? Wonder how many of the bulletin board posters would be willing to facilitate having their own efforts subjected to public ridicule?

Hmm, it gives me pause. Let's all take a moment. smile.gif

Doug

Obviously, one company cannot be all things to all people. In expanding its market, Klipsch has gained many more loyal customers in recent years who would never had the opportunity otherwise to enjoy the power and detail of horn-loaded speakers. Multi-media customers, sub/satellite customers, customers who need a certain styling, and customers on a certain budget. Being number one in the A/V channel in floor standing speakers, center and surround speakers plus the incredible popularity of our ProMedia systems means we must be doing something right. Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion...if everyone were the same, we would make one speaker only. Since we're based in a country that heralds free speech, why change that philosophy for a little ol' bulletin board...debate is good for all!

sorry for not being all warm and fuzzy here

I think PWK gave the world a great folded horn! He's clearly a giant in the Audio field.

Phil H-

putting a little mid-range horn in a box is not the power of horn loading, I can see PWK rolling his eyes over your comment.t

that's just marketing hype but it sells and i understand that but pls don't sling the BS here, i can get it at Cicuit Circuit City, Best Buys or Sears "Brand Central"

Like I said John, everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. PWK's legacy is the folded horn, but he realized that it was not applicable for all situations and all people. That is why Heresy, Cornwall, the Kg series, Forte, etc,etc were also created.

If I have a Toyota Corolla and you have a Lexus ES300, is my Corolla promoted from "marketing hype and BS" because it does not use all the technology that the Toyota corporation has to offer? Or do you feel you are better than me because you have the Lexus??

My comments aren't bad either John...they are just not to your liking.

PhilH

Ya know, things are not all that bad.

You can still buy the classics.

PWK hit the lower end price points with the Shorthorn and Rebel. They were pretty unsophisticated compaired to the K-Horns. The Heresy was and is at the lower price point. So there is little point to gripeing about the new low end.

If you want, you can assemble an HT system using Heritage components.

On the other hand, the new lines give opportunities to enter the Klipsch technology at great economy.

Phil H is actually incorrect. The company is providing everything to everybody, with few exceptions. One exception is the Cornwall as far as the Heritage line is concerned. But the Heritage line, Chorus, Forte, can be found on e-Bay. Further, these lines get factory support for spare parts.

Hey, we can't complain. The factory is keeping a lot of feet in a lot of boats. It is a wonder they've done so well.

Gil