sub recommendation for 83/64 setup

botelerc

Unfortunately, I have around a $500 budget. Don't know the Room size as I will be moving. Currently have a large living room that open into the kitchen. Also don't really want a sub as big as an end table. Would consider a 15, if needed. I am currently considering a rsw 12, but am not sure if that will be my final decision. Thanks,

Chad

I don't know about the RSW 12 but, I owned the Premiere Acoustic PA 150. It is not a well know brand but the sub was very good. I have owned several Klipsch, Epik, SVS, Infinity and Chase subs. The PA 150 is still one of my favorite subs. It is an output monster and is capable of significant spl. It is ported and may not have the best low extension but, at $500 and under I don't know of any better sub. This sub is good if you have a large room. The PA 150 worked very well with my RF 7 system. They can be found for $225-350. It is piano gloss black for WAF and of very good build quality. Good luck

BIC????

ive owned the bic pl-200 as well as rf-63/64 combo you have and to be honest most of these subs just aren't gonna cut it with your setup. If I were you I'd run them 83's large for a little while longer and up your budget. It will allow many more options as well as get you closer to the actual room you will be placing it in. It would suck to spend 500 and not have the room for it and need something like an upright Svs cylinder. Like I said my vote would be to wait it out. Patience is so hard to have but ALWAYS pays off

K just thought I'd throw my opinion out there since I've owned those speakers. They are demanding of a top notch sub. An no you aren't gonna find a cherry ultra for cheap. I sold mine for 1350 each. And that's the lowest I've seen them go for with the new style amps and as new as mine were. I'd say rsw-12 will be your best bet in cherry used at that price.

• 3 weeks later...