Altec A6's

kg4guy

I picked up a pair of Altec A6's this week they are in excellent condition 288-8L drivers . 3156 woofers, N1285-8B networks and MRII594horns. I plan to recap it replace the internal wiring and maybe explore putting some super tweeters on them and go 3 way? Anyone have any experience with these cabinets ? Thanks

Yes but I couldn't resist I will say I put new capacitors in the networks and it made a big difference these things sound very nice I'm going to use them at a upcoming Chanukah Fundraiser with my two Danley TH115's and TH118 sound that I will being the sound and lights for I got the new X laser X pod laser system it's pretty cool thick solid laser beam without fog I had to get FDA approved to use these as they are class B lasers. [H]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah, those are MantaRay horns, those look to be the MR594 II.

Altec made them in 1.4" and 1" models, and EV made the same horn with a 2" entry.

They sound pretty good.

Later ones are injection molded from Noryl (a blend of polyphenylene oxide (PPO) and polystyrene (PS) ), earlier ones are fiberglass.

Later ones will also have the EV four-bolt pattern in addition to the three-bolt Altec pattern.

Edited by djk

Yeah, those are MantaRay horns, those look to be the MR594 II.

Altec made them in 1.4" and 1" models, and EV made the same horn with a 2" entry.

They sound pretty good.

Later ones are injection molded from Noryl (a blend of polyphenylene oxide (PPO) and polystyrene (PS) ), earlier ones are fiberglass.

Later ones will also have the EV four-bolt pattern in addition to the three-bolt Altec pattern.

Yes that is correct MR594II's thanks djk sorry been away for a while I have another TH118 coming this week B)