Drop ceiling finally done

psg

Why did I wait so long? Years! Because of the trouble of painting every single piece of metal and tile; I was hoping to find something in color on the market.

Anyway, it's done! With a flush-mounted projector and an partial inset for the screen housing.

On the down side, the room has an echo now. I am getting two twin seats delivered in a month, so I'll adress that issue if it's still an issue after those sound absorbant seats are added.

post-15702-1381986133911_thumb.jpg

That was driving me nuts, lol. Glad to see you were finally able to get her done. Your room had come along way, I could only imagine how it feels to finally get the ceiling in. I would give the spuds a try for a riser, I think it would only be 2 small steps in the end but would be well worth it.

That was driving me nuts, lol.

It's amazing how quickly we get used to unfinished things and no longer see them (until they do get finished of course!). The room looked bad with plastic under joists and Roxul in-between, but it had no echo!

Glad to see you were finally able to get her done. Your room had come along way, I could only imagine how it feels to finally get the ceiling in. I would give the spuds a try for a riser, I think it would only be 2 small steps in the end but would be well worth it.

I just build a quicky 11-inch mini-riser today to get a feel of the height SPUDs would have. Looks a little weird but the height definitely helps to see over the first row. I don't think I'd make an extra step; 11 inches is high but workable. We don't hear too much about the SPUD on DIY forums like AVS, so that has me a little worried. Plus I have no idea if it would play well with my THT.

Thanks!

Yes, the room is large enough for Klipschorns. But that also means that my HT room has the screen (and main speakers) along the long wall, which is atypical. On the other hand, the room is future-proof since I have room for a 15 to 18 feet wide screen, which I am sure will be the norm in a decade or two! [;)]

Only one of the surrounds is recessed. I have lots of room on the other side (plus it's an exterior wall there!).

Watched a movie with the test riser last night. I could see right over my wife's head (which occupied a bit of the cinescope black bar area), and was about level with the middle of the screen. Very comfortable! So what initially looked like a very high riser works out well. Something to think about!