Power Conditioner / Surge Protector

vandec54

i use an APC H15 http://www.apc.com/products/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=H15BLK, i got it for $50 on craigslist. Works well. I have a G15 too but that started make noise, a hum pretty much but thats a rackmount conditioner, not really geared for HT. Its currently being used in my dads house since the cabinet and room it is in makes the noise inaudible really.

My absolute favorite after a very thorough search comparing and auditioning many power conditioners is the Belkin PF-60. I have not found another power conditioner I'd rather have in any price range. I thoroughly recommend it and feel it is a hidden jewel among power conditioners and much better than ones I compared that cost many times more ( even up to 10x as much).

It has the best isolation with 6 isolated outlet banks with 2 outlets each (one bank has a 3rd front outlet, 13 total outlets), It has what I feel is the best surge and spike protection I have seen and the highest juul rating, excellent filtering for excellent sound and video quality, two excellent High Current outlets which do not limit power to amps, great monitoring and trigger and delay controls. Basically it has the best of everything I want from a power conditioner and most importantly my system sounds its best connected to the PF-60, while some other power conditioners I found had negative affects on sound quality.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...

I have terrible power at home and got lucky enough to score a used APC SmartUPS 3000.

It is 120lb rack mount beast, but it will run my entire room including projector minus the sub.

Power goes out here several times a week. Problem solved. I put a scope on it and it has good clean power with no measurable spikes when my second channel on the main line looked terrible.