Image Linking

We use lots of images in the "Right This Minute" thread. On the old forum I was able to link to album art stored on my personal music/web server. It saves on klipsch server space and time since I'm able to copy the image link directly from my Subsonic app vs. google for album image, capture link, etc.

I'm able to add the link to the post and have the album art show up in the editor, but when I click "post" it throws up an error "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community". Link format is typically like this: http://michaelray.subsonic.org/rest/rest/getCoverArt.view?u=admin&p=enc:6d75736963313233&f=json&v=1.9.0&c=MiniSub&id=78915.

Googling for the album, copying an image link, and pasting into the image field works and posts ..but, well, you know we're a picky bunch.

Low on the priority scale, but if it could be fixed or officially stated as "not supported" I'd appreciate it.

• Administrators

We use lots of images in the "Right This Minute" thread. On the old forum I was able to link to album art stored on my personal music/web server. It saves on klipsch server space and time since I'm able to copy the image link directly from my Subsonic app vs. google for album image, capture link, etc.

I'm able to add the link to the post and have the album art show up in the editor, but when I click "post" it throws up an error "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community". Link format is typically like this: http://michaelray.subsonic.org/rest/rest/getCoverArt.view?u=admin&p=enc:6d75736963313233&f=json&v=1.9.0&c=MiniSub&id=78915.

Googling for the album, copying an image link, and pasting into the image field works and posts ..but, well, you know we're a picky bunch.

Low on the priority scale, but if it could be fixed or officially stated as "not supported" I'd appreciate it.

yes because it's a link to a page (as far as it knows) and not an image directly, you'll get that message. Not sure if there is a way around it but I can look into it.