The Forum Feature Request Thread

Chad

• Administrators

Loving the new forum. One thing I noticed on the mobile version is it took me a bit to figure out that the top right blue square was the menu button. Maybe adding "menu" or adding the three horizontal lines (typical symbol for mobile menu button) would help

The mobile layout is a little buggy. Some theme images (such as that button) are not displaying correctly. I'm working on a fix.

• Like 1

Chad,

The issue that I've got is not really related to added features, rather just completing the linking of images to existing threads. Here is one thread in particular that has seemed to lose several figures that are pretty important to understanding the content of the thread:

http://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/143320-loudness-war-and-the-dynamic-range-dr-database-some-observations/

I suppose that I could find those figures again in the original Excel spreadsheet and try pasting them in again. It would be nice, though, to recapture the links or stored image files themselsves.

Could you advise?

Chris

• Administrators

Chad,

The issue that I've got is not really related to added features, rather just completing the linking of images to existing threads. Here is one thread in particular that has seened to lose several figures that are pretty important to understanding the content of the thread:

http://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/143320-loudness-war-and-the-dynamic-range-dr-database-some-observations/

I suppose that I could find those figures again in the original Excel spreadsheet and try pasting them in again. It would be nice, though, to recapture the links or storaed image files themselsves.

Could you advise?

Chris

The problem was those messages have the images directly linked, rather than attached to the posts. Because they were linking to the old files on the old community server, the links were broken. As a fix, I've moved those files over to the new server so they should now work.

Note: There may be other posts elsewhere in the forums that have this issue.

• Like 1

Thanks Chad!

I also just found my attachments listed under "My Settings:My Attachments", so I'll go through the threads that I've posted to and clean up the rest of the broken links. Having the list of attachments is a big improvement - since I found that I used to have trouble finding them on the old forum, and had to upload the same figure again. This is really handy.

Chris

• Administrators

Thanks Chad!

I also just found my attachments listed under "My Settings:My Attachments", so I'll go through the threads that I've posted to and clean up the rest of the broken links. Having the list of attachments is a big improvement - since I found that I used to have trouble finding them on the old forum, and had to upload the same figure again. This is really handy.

Chris

You can also access them when you are writing a post by clicking on the "my media" button in the editor.

• Like 1

How about a "sports" part of the "entertainment" section?

I posted a thread/poll on the 2013 World Series this morning, and wasn't really sure where to put it, so I put it in the "general questions" part of the "Klipsch home audio" section.

A dedicated sports section would be sweet (IMHO)...

• Administrators

Loving the new forum. One thing I noticed on the mobile version is it took me a bit to figure out that the top right blue square was the menu button. Maybe adding "menu" or adding the three horizontal lines (typical symbol for mobile menu button) would help

The mobile layout is a little buggy. Some theme images (such as that button) are not displaying correctly. I'm working on a fix.

that is fixed.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Is it possible to add a "View New Content" button (at the bottom of a page) below the most recent post? We all must scroll up to the top of a page in order to accomplish this task.

Added a link to the bottom of the page on the Board Index page.

• Like 1

• Administrators

It would be nice to have the root page list all forums without a user having to scroll to see them all. Often, we jump back to the root to see if there has been activity in a sub-forum. It would be nice to do so at a quick glance without having to scroll. But maybe there's a new feature that effectively does the same thing which I haven't seen yet.

Not sure if this is what you are talking about, but there is a quick-navigation button, near the top of every page, right next to "View New Content". Looks like a Google Maps pin, sorta.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Is there a subscription page or us users? One that automatically signs me up for that thread after i make a comment?

Profile>My Settings>Notification Options (to change your auto-post-follow prefs)

Profile>Content I Follow (to manage what you currently follow)

• Like 1

Is it possible to add a "View New Content" button (at the bottom of a page) below the most recent post? We all must scroll up to the top of a page in order to accomplish this task.

Added a link to the bottom of the page on the Board Index page.

Is this the link to which you are referring?