The Forum Feature Request Thread

Chad

• Administrators

Now that the new forums are alive and kickin', I thought it would be a good idea to start a topic to allow everyone to ask about possible features of the forums. With enough interest, we may get your suggestions implemented (if possible). So... what kinds of things would you like to see on the new forums that aren't already here?

Something I'm thinking of putting in is a list of latest X posts above the forums, or somewhere.

Whatchugot?

• Like 2

I put this in the WoW thread. great job on the work you done. I havnt learned how to post pics yet although im sure theres a place here explaining.

Anyhow a trader rating for trades and sales done in the garage/for sale threads of this forum would be nice.

once again nice job changing the system. very nice indeed

• Administrators

Is it possible to change the appearance?

jerol

There is a "change theme" link at the very bottom of each page that lets you select from a list of forum themes. However the options are currently limited. I'd like to create at least one more Klipsch theme (maybe a dark-flavored theme, and a Klipsch theme for mobile), when I have time.

• Like 1

I'd like to have the ability to format the forum in widescreen on my monitor. I know it fills the screen more than the old forum did, but it would be even better to be able to have it fill the entire width of my screen... B)

There is a "change theme" link at the very bottom of each page that lets you select from a list of forum themes. However the options are currently limited. I'd like to create at least one more Klipsch theme (maybe a dark-flavored theme, and a Klipsch theme for mobile), when I have time.

Thanks.

I'd like to be able to change colors (mute it down a bit).

jerol

It would be nice to have the root page list all forums without a user having to scroll to see them all. Often, we jump back to the root to see if there has been activity in a sub-forum. It would be nice to do so at a quick glance without having to scroll. But maybe there's a new feature that effectively does the same thing which I haven't seen yet.

• Moderators

Loving the new forum. One thing I noticed on the mobile version is it took me a bit to figure out that the top right blue square was the menu button. Maybe adding "menu" or adding the three horizontal lines (typical symbol for mobile menu button) would help

Maybe it's operator error, but I can't find a way to have a all threads in descending date order. Minor annoyance, I suppose, but for us regulars a bit of a nuisance to have to do extra clicking to get to the latest post in a thread.

Also, see no sign of system profiles. Maybe that's just me as well...

Other than that, I'm feeling like the owner of a new car and lovin' it.

Dave

• Like 1

• Administrators

Maybe it's operator error, but I can't find a way to have a all threads in descending date order. Minor annoyance, I suppose, but for us regulars a bit of a nuisance to have to do extra clicking to get to the latest post in a thread.

Also, see no sign of system profiles. Maybe that's just me as well...

Other than that, I'm feeling like the owner of a new car and lovin' it.

Dave

Unfortunately, there's not a per-member option to show threads in date descending order. It's either on or off for everybody. I'll look to see if anyone has written a plugin that lets us do this.

You can get to the last post in a thread by clicking the date of the latest post info on a topic:

post-1-0-23880000-1382459088_thumb.jpg

System profiles didn't get moved over. That was one of the things that didn't have a home on the new forums. BUT, I've just added a custom profile field called "My System", so feel free to use that!

• Like 1