Horn Loaded Table Tuba

jason str

Looks like everything Bill intended to be. I have built one of the long styles, and have recently integrated in my system. With very little equing, it seems to have a seamless sound with the system, I am actually thinking of building a second since I have the driver for it. I haven't been to Bill's forum lately did you get the answer you were looking for on the plans, were there any up dates. Very nice work.

Thank you for the compliments.

The table tuba sounds very similar to the Tuba HT, it just does not dig as low.

I think the TT is better with music than the HT though both blend seamlessly with the La Scala sound.

I can see the Tuba HT would be better with a home theater but that is what it was designed for anyways.

Out of the two i think i will stick the Table Tuba for my system.

Also i am considering being an authorised builder of Bill's designs for extra income, in the meantime it keeps me busy and it is fun building these things.

Probably i will stick with the line arrays & subwoofer designs but i will take things one step at a time.

Thank you for the compliments.

The table tuba sounds very similar to the Tuba HT, it just does not dig as low.

I think the TT is better with music than the HT though both blend seamlessly with the La Scala sound.

I can see the Tuba HT would be better with a home theater but that is what it was designed for anyways.

Out of the two i think i will stick the Table Tuba for my system.

Also i am considering being an authorised builder of Bill's designs for extra income, in the meantime it keeps me busy and it is fun building these things.

Probably i will stick with the line arrays & subwoofer designs but i will take things one step at a time.

Brilliant! I have been wanting to see more people actually figuring out ways to hide subs for a long time. Once I thought a sofa might be a good place. The only problem is the men would never get to sit there. that was bad...

I think you are correct. The table tuba is supposed to be more musical. It is no slouch for HT either! Personally I would not want to have a full size THT in a HT. They are simply too big. Could you figure out a way to stretch a THT's horn out it would be thinner and could be used as a platform for rear seats in a HT? I've seen that done with Danley DTS10's.

I just had an idea. I am going to draw it and post it here in a few.

Here is the idea. Stretch the THT out, lay one on another, make it a deck for rear seats. The ends would be the ports. The drawing below is of two stretched 48" wide THT's on top of one another. I didn't have time to draw in plywood thickness, but you get the idea. The horn length is to scale as is the mouth and everything else. It's just two 48" wide THT's that are unfolded.

post-47699-0-20760000-1383356849_thumb.j

post-47699-0-08400000-1383356858_thumb.j

• Like 1

Here is the idea. Stretch the THT out, lay one on another, make it a deck for rear seats. The ends would be the ports. The drawing below is of two stretched 48" wide THT's on top of one another. I didn't have time to draw in plywood thickness, but you get the idea. The horn length is to scale as is the mouth and everything else. It's just two 48" wide THT's that are unfolded.

Why reinvent the wheel? Build a SPUD or 2 and call it a day. It's a proven design made exactly for that particular application.

Why reinvent the wheel? Build a SPUD or 2 and call it a day. It's a proven design made exactly for that particular application.

Good idea. I don't know if this is the best drawing of the sub. Also, what about the F20 (did I say that right?). How high is it?

TH-SPUD.jpg

CouchSubHatchPanelConcept_0001.jpg

Good idea. I don't know if this is the best drawing of the sub. Also, what about the F20 (did I say that right?). How high is it?

TH-SPUD.jpg

CouchSubHatchPanelConcept_0001.jpg

How does that work? Do you wire one woofer out of phase so the sound waves don't collide?

Beautiful job on that table!

I have a question about the table tuba. I know Bill specifies that there is NO cover for the driver access but you are supposed to have it next to the wall or the floor. I am thinking about having two but I would not be able to have either one near the wall and I'd have to have them upright with the driver access on the right or left side. What would be the result of that and would that be a situation to go ahead and cover the access? Has anyone ever heard a table tuba with the driver access covered?