I'm Renting The Farmhouse.

What time will things start Friday?

I could be wrong as this is my first rodeo, but I'd imagine that once people start wandering in, we'll crank up. I'm bringing enough stuff to make plenty of noise as long as someone brings a pre-amp. I should be there mid-afternoon depending on what time I can hit the road.

Chance of rain here (El Dorado) @ 6:00 is 40% and through Thursday. Pork butts are out of the brine a day early and on the smoker. They may have a finish to temp in the oven.

I wish you had smellavision. Cherry and pecan while smoking a good cigar is heavenly. (OK, you could sit upwind of the Camacho.).

Dee is bringing a pre, but I don't know his schedule.

Dee is bringing a pre, but I don't know his schedule.

I've got a couple work arounds if necessary. My chip amp has a volume knob so I can do computer - DAC - amp - speakers and use the amps volume knob. If I want to use my big ATI amp, I "think" I can pull the DAC controls up on my laptop and use the internal volume controls of the DAC to regulate volume.

I'm also bringing a small Furman power distribution strip so we'll have plenty of plugs. I took it apart and soldered a long 12ga(I think) extension cord to it when I first got it so it has plenty of reach.

My house sitter is lined up so I can be there early afternoon. I'm bringing a framed Klipsch print to sell, PCats, speaker wire, interconnects, some discs, cigars and drink, an outdoor cooker, a couple of Crock pots, and FOOD and accessories. I wish I could fit it all in the Mustang; it's a fun drive from here.

I'm bring my 6'6", 280# friend in my MINI Cooper, so not much room for gear. Maybe a chip amp and mini pre-amp (with phono), and some Frazier Super Midgets. I didn't finish refurbing the Black Box IIs.

Some craft beer, some whiskey, some cigars, some pipe tobacco... and a Sly & The Family Stone CD for party music.

• Like 1

BTW: If anyone is interested, I want to take my friend up to Washington for lunch on Saturday to see where the/a original Bowie knife was made (depending upon whose story you believe). Neat place, with a pleasant 19th century inn for dining. The Hillbilly Williamsburg.

• Like 1

My official "bring" list should include 2 amps, laptop for streaming, a tube DAC, some cheap interconnects and speaker wire, the 301's, a martini shaker, olives, couple of cigars, gin and American Honey (2.75 l ).

let me know if you want to stream tunes from my music file server and i can hook you up with access.

edit: carl, check your e-mail (the second one i sent)

Edited by Thaddeus Smith