RF-7 Vs Rf-7II Vs RF-83 Comparison

Youthman

• Moderators

No disrespect to DeanG, my son is 14 and has the Rf7 / RC-64ii in a 9x9 bedroom and because of his entertainment center we can't even toe in the 7s at all. So needless to say, the setup is less than ideal but he is thrilled with the setup (I would have been thrilled at his age too). There just isn't a need for me to upgrade the crossovers when I don't listen to them and my son is very happy with how they sound. If they were in my living room, that would be a different story.

• Moderators

It's all good DeanG, I thought I had stepped on your toes. LOL. It's all good.

You have a great reputation for taking something that is already a great product and making it even greater. One day, I hope to be able to A/B the difference myself in my own setup.

Would you believe I've never done a reference IV or newer model? Plenty of nibbles but no bites, which I've found really interesting.

Dean,

I am sure you could work your magic with just about any model speaker, but so far I have never felt the need to "supercharge" my RF-63's. But, I have "considered" DeanG'ing my RB-35's.

Bill

It's not always about "taming highs, which I suppose is the natural thing to think about when it comes to horns that have taken on a blaring quality. Replacing cheap polyester/Mylar capacitors with good polypropylenes, at the very least those in series with the horn, sounds really nice. It really is a case of better, not just different. You guys don't know what you're missing. Okay, I have to stop before I start sounding like an infomercial. :)

• Like 1