G-17 Firmware Updates For Tonal Balance?

boom3

I wish we had auditioned similar products before we bought the G-17. It has a recessed midrange that is really unpleasnt. For taking "tunes" on the road it is nice, but it is not for serious listening.

Is/has Klipsch issued a firmware upgrade that lets the consumer have some say over the tonal balance? I can compensate to a degree if I am AirPlaying from the Mac Mini, but I'd like access to the EQ settings, thank you very much.

• Moderators

From the G-17 FAQs:

You can easily adjust the equalization for the desired amount of bass and treble when playing music from your Airplay-equipped iDevice by adjusting the equalization directly on that iDevice. To do this, go into “Settings” on your iDevice, then choose “Music”, then choose “EQ”. The G-17 was designed to perform at its best when the EQ preset is set to “Off”, which is the first (and the default) option. However, if you would like to customize the sound, there are also a number of EQ presets with different levels of preprogrammed bass and treble you can choose based on the type of music you are listening to. If you desire, you can sample each one of these settings until you find one that sounds best for you.

Thank you Amy. That is what I do when I AirPlay from my desk Mac to the G-17 here at home. I was hoping that a firmware upgrade would allow either a reset of the onboard EQ to "Off" or allow the user to make at least a moderate adjustment to the EQ profile. That way, the G-17 would retain these settings regardless of the device feeding it.

Would you please ask the G-17 engineers if that is possible in the next firmware release?

Thanks!