Belle Build Finished

john toon

thanks all, It made a huge diff for a center channel, I was using a kv4 previously. Im not sure why klipsch discontinued them, they are a beautiful speaker.

The Belle Klipsch was most likely discontinued because the La Scala II is basically a Belle-styled La Scala, so the Belle itself became kind of redundant. Even so, it might have been good to have the two choices of shape, but maybe it was more cost-effective to build just the one hybrid-looking and good-sounding speaker.

When I met PWK in 1985, he told me that when he designed the Belle, he had to come up with the K-500 Mid Horn to fit the shallower cab. So he says to me "This convinced me that our K-400 was a lot longer than it needed to be." I still think a Fastrac horn would be a better choice knowing what we know now.

Edited by ClaudeJ1

Guest David H
Does a wooden horn sound different than a fiberglass horn?

Some say wood sounds better. Then again some people hear what they want to hear.

I think the shape of the horn is the critical part, provided its built well, and doesn't resonate.

My preference is Tractrix design, though I have built several Conical or Conical/Tractrix hybrids for HF with good success.

Dave

Edited by GotHover

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent. Thanks for sharing. Do you have any pics (or did I miss them?) of the horn in the bass (woofer) assembly?

there is a pic on the first page of the motor board in place with out the ramps and another pic of the motor board with the ramps attached but not in the cabinet.

• 2 years later...