My 14yr old son just got an upgrade to his bedroom setup

Youthman

Why didn't you just keep the rc-7 for the sake of matching and let wake have the matching speaker to his new rf-7ii?

I like the way you think....

Youth was originally going to pick up an original 64 for me and found out it was a version ii....and it had the entire family of ii's with it.

We changed up the deal so I could get a pair of 7ii's without putting another mortgage on the house.

I would love to find a 64 to match my 7ii's one day, but I am going from RC-3ii to RC-7 to go with my new RF-7ii's and RS-35 for side and rear.

I think I will survive having to settle for such a mediocre system. ;-)

But if he ever changes his mind I would be happy to put a matching black finish on that RC-7. ;-)

• Moderators

I think when my son gets old enough to move out, he will keep the RF-7's, I'll move the RC-64ii into the living room and make it a 3ch setup. I'm sure my wife would love that. :P

Honestly, it would look absolutely gorgeous on top of the entertainment center in the living room. Just saying...

• Moderators

When I was 14, I saved up my allowance ($7 ever two weeks for mowing the lawn and taking out the trash) and bought a pair of Technics 3-way speakers with a 10" woofer and a Pioneer receiver. I lived in Florida so no snow or hills.

It's ok Wake...your screen AND your room rivals my HT all day long. But maybe sometime next year, we can work on fixing that when we rebuild my front wall and move up to maybe a 130" screen. :D

haha....I was referring to you son's screen.

Just say the word. You see what I built for mine. Let's make yours better.

I built mine without help. The two of us could be dangerous.

• Moderators

Looking forward to working on it together with you. You went far above what I expected when we built my risers (remember, I was just going to build a rectangular box with carpet).

You showed up and said, "let's make a custom power cord, add insulation, run romex (at the time I didn't know what Romex was), add two outlets on the front for your electric seats to plug into, add steps, step lights and a light switch for the step lights". It's cause you rock bro.

Edited by Youthman

Scrappy, how you been? I still love the dual SVS subs. What did you have in mind for me?

i been good man, trucking along. i miss my pretty svs subs sitting up in my living room but it was a shame to have them hidden downstairs. plus at my listening levels in the concrete basement they were having trouble keeping up. not really struggling, but when i took the grills off and seen the woofers moving it made me worry about them. so i went to the dark side and got me some 18's and they don't even hardly move at all at reference levels.

you ever wanna sell that rosenut one? i got a buddy who has a rosenut and he has mentioned having duals quite a few times. you let me now if you ever want to ok?

I need to let that rosenut sub go. Its just such I nice looking sub its hard to say good bye to it. I keep telling myself I will use it down the road. For now its just sitting in its factory box. Shipping it somewhere is a big concern of mine if I ever can bring myself to let it go. I am afraid it would get damaged and cost the buyer too much in shipping charges. What 18's did you get?