More of a tech question...

usmcavenger

I just moved from Okinawa, Japan to Camp Pendleton, CA and just received all my stuff from the movers yesterday. Naturally the very first thing I did was locate and unwrap my entire Klipsch system, TV, receiver, ect. Everything was intact to my surprise and I spent the next 6 hours finding the perfect location for my set up in the living room and began plugging things in! Now to my question... I'll be honest, I haven't done a whole lot of trouble shooting since my initial setup last night but I can not (for the life of me) figure out how to get my subwoofers working.

I have the Klipsch SW-311 as well as the KW-120 with the KA-1000. For my receiver I have the Pioneer Elite SC-57. According to my receiver my subwoofer is on and my RF-7ii's and RC-64ii are all set to "Small". Both subwoofers have power and are plugged into the Subwoofer Out (1 and 2). I can't remember having to do anything else the first time I set these up. Can someone please let me a tip or two!? Thanks for any info and remember folks, Go Buckeyes!!!!!

PS: If this all ends up as one giant paragraph then I don't know what the deal is because I've made two distinct paragraphs. Thanks!

• Like 1

Have you run mcacc? If speakers are to small and subs are on everything should work. Have you tried movies and music? I guess subs could be set to LFE only but I think as soon as you changed speakers to small that setting would change automatically. But then I don't own a pioneer. I'd try mcacc and go from there. Lol and make sure your in sub input. I've plugged mine up before when tired to the output plugs and couldn't figure out anything till the next day.

• Moderators

Love the new forum.....it's Mac friendly with paragraphs!

Glad to hear everything made it safely to it's new home. That's a long ride.

Sounds as if you have everything connected correctly. You probably have it connected correctly but on the SW-311, do you have the sub cable converted to a Y and connected to the top two Line In RCA's (Left LFE & Right)?

Ok, I set my subwoofers to "Plus" in the MCACC settings. I don't however have a Y sub cable and may look into that. I never used one before and everything seemed to work amazingly. Is there a benefit? I did notice after changing my subwoofers to "Plus" that my KW-120 was working but not my SW. First thing tomorrow I'll continue to trouble shoot to the best of my abilities and I'll be sure to keep you posted. Thank again for the insanely quick responses and I hope you all have an awesome weekend!

• Like 1