Troubling News From Hope, AR

philly0116

I've spoke with Robert White, aka Bodark, several times over the last couple months to keep updated on this. The city of Hope, is trying to push Mrs Klipsch out of the train station where she has the Paul W. Klipsch Memorial Museum. The city wants to take over the building to make it an Arts Council building. The city has even gone so far as to lock the doors with chains and locks so that Mrs Klipsch and Bodark can't even get in the building!! Mrs Klipsch has had to retain an attorney to fight the city! The city this past week told her she had to be out of the building by the 31st!! Her attorney said she has rights to the building and they are fighting it. Very sad situation. Mrs. Klipsch is 98 years old and does not need this stress. SHAME ON HOPE, AR! :mad:

Edited by philly0116
  • Like 2

Who owns the building?

This is the issue and to be honest I do not know who owns the building. Mrs. Klipsch attny says she has rights to the building but the city feels like they do. Its turned into a legal battle and I guess will be decided in a court room.

Bodark and Valerie Klipsch have items of their own in the museum.

Very strange behavior from the City I wonder what else is at play here?

I intend to call the city Monday and see what they say. As a staple in that city for so long I cant believe it has even come to this for her.

Find out more. This is vague. Although it sounds like a bunch of bully's beating up on a poor little old lady, there has to be more to the story than this. If they own the building and successfully evict the museum, does Mrs. Klipsch have the means to move the artifacts to another location, eg. the Klipsch production facility museum? Would Klipsch Group be willing to facilitate this? Many people loan artifacts to museums for indefinite time periods. If Mrs. Klipsch is the owner of the artifacts, then she and her heirs would still be the owners if the paperwork spelled this out.

Edited by mustang guy

The property, 200 East Division Street, is listed as being occupied by the Southwest Arkansas Arts Council Inc. The property is not owned by Ms. Klipsch from what I can tell.

They went to the building and found their locks didn't work. If this museum shuts down she will likely send what is here to the Museum in New Mexico.

The property, 200 East Division Street, is listed as being occupied by the Southwest Arkansas Arts Council Inc. The property is not owned by Ms. Klipsch from what I can tell.

This, I believe, is where it gets hairy. For some reason Mrs. Klipsch and her attny feel like she has rights to the building and as to the why they feel like that, I really don't know unfortunately. I will keep up with this and try to get more info.

They went to the building and found their locks didn't work. If this museum shuts down she will likely send what is here to the Museum in New Mexico.

That has happened before, her sending the stuff to New Mexico. I hope it doesn't happen again.

If Mr. Klipsch were alive I think he would tell them to take thier building and shove it. Then build a better building right next to it. Just like he did when the air strip told him he could not use thier air strip.

By the way the 2 best things out of Hope were Paul Klipsch and Bill Cliton. Best speaker maker...Best President Rick

• Like 1

If Mr. Klipsch were alive I think he would tell them to take thier building and shove it. Then build a better building right next to it. Just like he did when the air strip told him he could not use thier air strip.

By the way the 2 best things out of Hope were Paul Klipsch and Bill Cliton. Best speaker maker...Best President Rick

Paul Klipsch wasn't FROM Hope.