Troubling News From Hope, AR

philly0116

Where is this:?

Paul W. Klipsch acquires his first factory building, formerly the telephone exchange building for the Southwest Proving Grounds in Hope, Arkansas, and hires his first employee, cabinetmaker Lloyd McClellan. The first Klipschorn built here is numbered 121. Today, the original factory is the Klipsch Museum.

Taken from http://www.klipsch.com/milestones. Why not move these things to the museum? The church folding tables don't do justice to the Bell Klipsches they adorn.

Where is this:?

Paul W. Klipsch acquires his first factory building, formerly the telephone exchange building for the Southwest Proving Grounds in Hope, Arkansas, and hires his first employee, cabinetmaker Lloyd McClellan. The first Klipschorn built here is numbered 121. Today, the original factory is the Klipsch Museum.

Taken from http://www.klipsch.com/milestones. Why not move these things to the museum? The church folding tables don't do justice to the Bell Klipsches they adorn.

Lived in Hope yes, not born there like Clinton

I think the city's tactics really suck, considering the Klipsch corporation has been paying taxes and providing jobs in that town since the 1940's! There's nothing like biting the hand that feeds you! I do not know the entire circumstances revolving around ownership of the building and such. However, I do know that due to Mrs. Klipsch's age and health, the museum is seldom open on a regular schedule. My wife Verna and I have made numerous attempts over the years to visit the museum on the various days and times the sign said it was open and we've always found it closed. Assuming the city owns the building, perhaps, the city is thinking in terms of revenue, as cities normally do, and figures they can make more money with a better managed and more popular venue in there to attract a larger audience? I do not know what the museum's attendance numbers are, but it would be hard to believe that with no normal hours being adhered to, it's probably a sure thing that folks are not exactly lined-up at the door waiting to get in. To sum up: I hope the city finds it in their heart to treat Mrs. Klipsch with the respect she deserves and stops its strong-arm tactics! That really sucks! Hopefully, through their lawyers, that can come to an amicable agreement. That's just my two cents. -Glenn

I think the city's tactics really suck, considering the Klipsch corporation has been paying taxes and providing jobs in that town since the 1940's! There's nothing like biting the hand that feeds you! I do not know the entire circumstances revolving around ownership of the building and such. However, I do know that due to Mrs. Klipsch's age and health, the museum is seldom open on a regular schedule. My wife Verna and I have made numerous attempts over the years to visit the museum on the various days and times the sign said it was open and we've always found it closed. Assuming the city owns the building, perhaps, the city is thinking in terms of revenue, as cities normally do, and figures they can make more money with a better managed and more popular venue in there to attract a larger audience? I do not know what the museum's attendance numbers are, but it would be hard to believe that with no normal hours being adhered to, it's probably a sure thing that folks are not exactly lined-up at the door waiting to get in. To sum up: I hope the city finds it in their heart to treat Mrs. Klipsch with the respect she deserves and stops its strong-arm tactics! That really sucks! Hopefully, through their lawyers, that can come to an amicable agreement. That's just my two cents. -Glenn

I agree. It does come down to money Im sure. Like you said though, Klipsch has paid taxes and employees in that town since the '40's. Why pick on them? Is that the only building in Hope they can have the arts council in? If they do kick her out what is going to happen to the memorial garden? The cement memorial monument? It just really seems like there has to be another place in town the city could choose to occupy. I have donated items, (albeit a small donation), to that museum and I really do not want the items going to New Mexico, I would like it all to stay in Hope!! Bad deal all around.

post-53642-0-79400000-1382982918_thumb.j

Edited by philly0116
  • Like 1

If Mr. Klipsch were alive I think he would tell them to take thier building and shove it. Then build a better building right next to it. Just like he did when the air strip told him he could not use thier air strip.

By the way the 2 best things out of Hope were Paul Klipsch and Bill Cliton. Best speaker maker...Best President Rick

Paul Klipsch wasn't FROM Hope.

And Clinton wasn't the best president.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is from the City of Hope website: http://www.hopearkansas.net/pview.aspx?id=6508

If 1/2 of the people that use this Forum were to call all the numbers on their web site. Public safety excluded. I bet we could tie up their Phones for days. If we had the home numbers of the city officials we could call day and night until they surrendered.

Taz

I think we need to set a date and all go down (or up if you're down). :) I really don't see anything else having much if any impact.

Let me know. I have housing in Texarkana and could support a couple of others there if need be. Of course, scheduling could be problematic for a working stiff, but I'd do this if at all possible. Haven't had an opportunity for real rabble rousing in way too long, and it would be fun to shock the good people of Hope with a host of the Klammering Klipsch Klan!

Dave

Bill Cliton not FROM Hope, Arizona.....

Rick, If you think he was the best president that is just fine, But geezzz at least spell his name correctly it is Clinton.....

My take; good president yes, since he was about the most Republican Democrat in history....the best not even close....IMHO. I always did and do like the guy. What a public speaker and top notch career politician......the later is not a good thing.

• Like 1

I suggest everyone put down the torches and pitch-forks, take a deep breath and not jump to conclusions. As other have suggested, there's always more to a story like this than meets the eye.

A few years ago I sold a pair of Cornwalls to Miss Valerie, through an agent, that were ostensibly destined for her unofficial parallel museum. Glenn, aka Picky, confirms the unofficial museum (not to be confused with the Klipsch official museum) doesn't keep regular hours.

I'm not yet concerned the City of Hope is taking advantage of a 98 year-old widowed millionaire and her attorneys. Until events are demonstrated to the contrary, I choose to rely on the good judgment of Miss Valerie, her legal counsel, the City of Hope, Klipsch and others more well informed than I to act reasonably and honorably.

Edited by DizRotus