Troubling News From Hope, AR

philly0116

This is Arkansas, not Arizona, and this is a tenant-landlord dispute. And when a tenant has belongings in a residence, it is illegal to change the locks and prevent them from getting to them. Illegal. That is called an illegal lockout to be exact, and the owner can be sued. Look it up. It Also applies in Arizona. Mrs Klipsch was right in retaining lawyers.. Yes, more than one. All she wanted was her rights back and when she got them we moved to a new location because we do not want to work beside those evil people. Point blank. Can you blame her? I would have sued the pants off of them if it had been my decision

If it is provided within the lease that a landlord can lock a tenant out for breach of contract after a proper default notice given (if required to do so in the lease), it is not illegal, it is stated in black and white, on paper. Now, to prevent someone from claiming their belongings that is anyone but the tenant, then you would most likely have an issue. If you are the tenant and your belongings are inside, the owner may sell to mitigate their losses that the tenant has created for them. You can't just lock a tenant out for no reason if the lease has not been breached and it is still valid and on going. You can choose to believe me or not, but I default tenants and lock them out for breaches of contract all the time in the commercial space that I manage and it is perfectly legal. I do what the lease provides me to do as a remedy in the event of a tenant breach. The tenant should know what the consequences are because they read the lease and then signed their name at the bottom.

Now, you say residence, which implies a home. This is not a home from what i can understand and no one is living there. Residential and commercial are completely different.

If you are squatting without a lease and it is a commercial property, your *** is getting tossed to the curb with the help of the police, that's what i would do.

I can't really speculate anymore on this without seeing the actual lease that valerie klipsch has or the entity that was leasing the space. I am just basing things off of the bits and pieces i can put together here. Personally, something sounds funny to me.

Edited by SuBXeRo

My bad and thank you. It was hard to type all that I wanted to say with Mrs Klipsch right there telling me what to write. I will leave the room next time.

I can imagine.

I left a print at Valerie's door two years ago of a PWK portrait a friend did for me. Hope she found it ok.

I hope everything works out for the best.

Welcome to the Forum Krissy!!!

I had the good fortune to visit the museum a couple of times and sign Miss Valeries sign in book. Please tell her Hi from all of us and my good friend Kevin Harmon. Miss Valerie will know him as the number 1 Paul Klipsch fan Dentist from Louisiana.

Thankyou!! Roger Gordon

• Like 1

This is Arkansas, not Arizona, and this is a tenant-landlord dispute. And when a tenant has belongings in a residence, it is illegal to change the locks and prevent them from getting to them. Illegal. That is called an illegal lockout to be exact, and the owner can be sued. Look it up. It Also applies in Arizona. Mrs Klipsch was right in retaining lawyers.. Yes, more than one. All she wanted was her rights back and when she got them we moved to a new location because we do not want to work beside those evil people. Point blank. Can you blame her? I would have sued the pants off of them if it had been my decision

If it is provided within the lease that a landlord can lock a tenant out for breach of contract after a proper default notice given (if required to do so in the lease), it is not illegal, it is stated in black and white, on paper. Now, to prevent someone from claiming their belongings that is anyone but the tenant, then you would most likely have an issue. If you are the tenant and your belongings are inside, the owner may sell to mitigate their losses that the tenant has created for them. You can't just lock a tenant out for no reason if the lease has not been breached and it is still valid and on going. You can choose to believe me or not, but I default tenants and lock them out for breaches of contract all the time in the commercial space that I manage and it is perfectly legal. I do what the lease provides me to do as a remedy in the event of a tenant breach. The tenant should know what the consequences are because they read the lease and then signed their name at the bottom.

Now, you say residence, which implies a home. This is not a home from what i can understand and no one is living there. Residential and commercial are completely different.

If you are squatting without a lease and it is a commercial property, your *** is getting tossed to the curb with the help of the police, that's what i would do.

I can't really speculate anymore on this without seeing the actual lease that valerie klipsch has or the entity that was leasing the space. I am just basing things off of the bits and pieces i can put together here. Personally, something sounds funny to me.

Mess Klipsch never did anything to disturb her rights as a tenant. And there was no contact stating she could be locked out for any reason. I have all the documents. What they did was illegal and so agrees every lawyer I have presented this case to. In fact, she paid bills that she wasn't supposed to have to pay the whole ten years she resides there, not to mention the countless donations she made to the arts council because they needed help with this or that. They are the only ones who did anything to breach any contracts. I refuse to argue with anyone over the legalities of what was done. Point blank it was illegal. They should've handled things differently from the beginning. As simple as it is, the director of the arts council happens to be married to the city manager. There ya go.

There was no breach of contract. Don't know where you are getting your information regarding the details of the contact or rights as a tenant, but you are way off. And as far a something seeming funny here, you're right... It's funny how the city and a member of An art club could think they can get away with breaking the law so they have more room to hang their pictures. that is also conflict of interest according to the supreme Court. You might want to get your facts straight before you go quoting the laws. Have a nice day.

Edited by K763

My bad and thank you. It was hard to type all that I wanted to say with Mrs Klipsch right there telling me what to write. I will leave the room next time.

I can imagine.

I left a print at Valerie's door two years ago of a PWK portrait a friend did for me. Hope she found it ok.

I hope everything works out for the best.

Welcome to the Forum Krissy!!!

I had the good fortune to visit the museum a couple of times and sign Miss Valeries sign in book. Please tell her Hi from all of us and my good friend Kevin Harmon. Miss Valerie will know him as the number 1 Paul Klipsch fan Dentist from Louisiana.

Thankyou!! Roger Gordon

There was no breach of contract. Don't know where you are getting your information regarding the details of the contact or rights as a tenant, but you are way off. And as far a something seeming funny here, you're right... It's funny how the city and a member of An art club could think they can get away with breaking the law so they have more room to hang their pictures. that is also conflict of interest according to the supreme Court. You might want to get your facts straight before you go quoting the laws. Have a nice day.

I think you are missing my points. I am going off of what you have said here with no other material facts and speculation because I have no other material facts. I haven't seen a lease so I can't determine breach of contract (if any exist by landlord or tenant) and I can't determine recourse for landlord or tenant. If you say that the lease document does not afford the landlord lockout privileges, then the landlord may not lock the tenant out. Then, if the lease is still current and valid, again, the landlord may not lock the tenant out. I haven't said anything to contrary and I couldn't have been any more transparent in my explanation and knowledge of your situation.

You are attacking me when I am trying to help you but I can see that you "know everything" and I can't be of a lending hand. I wish you the best of luck because having people sleeping around at the top isn't going to make your case any easier to deal with. Take them to court, it isn't very difficult to do. Make sure you have an actual Arkansas real estate attorney, not you uncles best friends wifes attorney who does family law in California.

I wish you the best of luck and it is a good thing you have retained what I hope is proper legal council for the situation. Try bringing your case to Klipsch and see if they would help. I don't know why they wouldn't help and I am sure they have legal council in-house or on retainer...

Edited by SuBXeRo