Troubling News From Hope, AR

philly0116

This is Arkansas, not Arizona, and this is a tenant-landlord dispute. And when a tenant has belongings in a residence, it is illegal to change the locks and prevent them from getting to them. Illegal. That is called an illegal lockout to be exact, and the owner can be sued. Look it up. It Also applies in Arizona. Mrs Klipsch was right in retaining lawyers.. Yes, more than one. All she wanted was her rights back and when she got them we moved to a new location because we do not want to work beside those evil people. Point blank. Can you blame her? I would have sued the pants off of them if it had been my decision

Welcome to the forum and thank you for doing what you do.

Mrs. Klipsch made the right decision. Unfortunately, you can have the law on your side, but enforcing your rights is not worth the time or expense. I see this all of the time. People are mad as can be and want to sue, but then when they hear the reality of litigation and the expenses, they move on.

Further, the stress of litigation is probably not worth if for Mrs. Klipsch. I commend her decision.

• Moderators

Hope Mrs V is doing well.

After having the chance to meet her with a group I was with she was very nice, and I left with a great appreciation for the chance to meet her and her desire to keep Mr Pauls Legend alive. Thank You for letting us visit a few year ago, you have no idea what it meant to everyone there.

She may be tiny but do not mistake that for weakness, she is as tough as nails.

Mrs V and Tony R in the glass room of the museum 2011.

post-9700-0-03680000-1389227625_thumb.jp

• Like 1

• Moderators

It would be nice if we could all sing some kind of petition. This is a disgrace.

I'm a terrible singer...but if that's what it takes then count me in! We'll sing them into submission!

Now that's funny :emotion-21: ........................and probably right, they would give up after hearing these voices.

Who owns the building?

This is the issue and to be honest I do not know who owns the building. Mrs. Klipsch attny says she has rights to the building but the city feels like they do. Its turned into a legal battle and I guess will be decided in a court room.

If you know who's been paying the property taxes? ..... Then you know who owns it.

If you know who's been paying the property taxes? ..... Then you know who owns it.

That probably does not matter here, from the vague information presented, it looks like this is about a leasehold estate, or some other form of possessory right that might have been granted (life estate, etc.).

These small matters are usually very convoluted because nobody ever keeps records or has decent docs signed. Then when things blow up it will take 10x to 50x the cost of what it would have cost to do it properly from the get go and have proper documents signed.

Interesting discussion but the best advice is to walk away.

That probably does not matter here, from the vague information presented, it looks like this is about a leasehold estate, or some other form of possessory right that might have been granted (life estate, etc.).

These small matters are usually very convoluted because nobody ever keeps records or has decent docs signed. Then when things blow up it will take 10x to 50x the cost of what it would have cost to do it properly from the get go and have proper documents signed.

Interesting discussion but the best advice is to walk away.

Thanks, and never mind. After I posted, I continued reading and discovered/learned what the apparent problem is,..... "Nepotism" in Hope, AR.

I grew up in a border town/city, where nepotism is a way of life in politics, it's flagrant and in-your-face.

These small matters are usually very convoluted because nobody ever keeps records or has decent docs signed. Then when things blow up it will take 10x to 50x the cost of what it would have cost to do it properly from the get go and have proper documents signed. Interesting discussion but the best advice is to walk away.

I agree, especially in a small town where everyone knows and interacts with each other. Don't know the facts but on the surface it seems like the town isn't giving a long time community enterprise much respect.

Don't know the facts but on the surface it seems like the town isn't giving a long time community enterprise much respect.

community enterprise meaning PWK & Klipsch inc.

That clearer.

Been to the plant & museum a couple of times.

There are tons of rumors going around, some saying most of the members of the arts council have resigned. I'm not sure how true this is. Pilings like Mrs K is going to have to take them to court to get rights to the garden too. Its been mentioned to their attorney several times yet he has still failed to get back with us. The garden is owned by the city also and has nothing to do with the arts council. She was supposed to have spoken to the city attorney about this today but so far I haven't heard anything. I was gone before he called. Hopefully I'll have more info tomorrow. I can tell you one thing though... When it comes time for reelection, the mayor and city manager will not have enough votes to be reelected. They have angered the whole city.

It disgusts me that the arts council is supposedly meeting about the garden. That's BS. The garden has nothing to do with them or the Cairo-Fulton building. That garden was dedicated to Paul. We will take them to court if we have to fight for rights to that garden. There will be a contact drawn up making sure none of this crap can ever happen again. I personally don't think Hope deserves that museum. I say we move it somewhere else... Not meaning new Mexico. Why not give someone Else a chance to appreciate the history of Klipsch? I think I will discuss this with Mrs K tomorrow.

Good luck, and thanks for keeping us appraised of the situation. Hope to hear good news of this in the future.

Please explain why New Mexico keeps getting mentioned. What interest does Klipsch have in that state (which city?), thanks.

Edited by Gilbert