Picked up a Sherbourn 72100A (200 x 7) 7 Monoblocks in single chassis Amp Today

Youthman

• Moderators

No, I picked this up from a friend in the A/V business.

I believe it is an older amp but it's hard to tell how old since ther is not much info online about it.

This guy said he bought his new in 2012 but I don't know if he means new to him or purchased brand new.

In 2005, this guy was asking if these amps were good.

This guy was selling one brand new in box in 2004.

One place was showing an MSRP of $3500.

• Moderators

I called Emotiva to see if they have the 12v connector that plugs into the back of the amp. They are looking in their inventory and will call me back. Even though the 72100a has a "Music" option that senses when a signal is being pushed through the RCA's, to me, the 12v would be the best option since the amp would turn on when the receiver or pre/pro turns on and off when it is turned off.

I wonder if Radio Shack would have a 12V trigger or an adapter that could be put on an interconnect. My avr has the 12 V triggers but, none of my amps have the trigger. My Rocket fish power console from BB is used to sequentialy turned things on and off. It has a nice feature where certain things like the cabele box are never completely off. This is an option if you can't find a trigger.

I called Emotiva to see if they have the 12v connector that plugs into the back of the amp. They are looking in their inventory and will call me back. Even though the 72100a has a "Music" option that senses when a signal is being pushed through the RCA's, to me, the 12v would be the best option since the amp would turn on when the receiver or pre/pro turns on and off when it is turned off.

If they don't (which i doubt) I have 3 extra that came with my Sherbourn fans. Let me know as they are on special today for free dollars a foot! :D

edit: I see you need a special connector

Edited by Tasdom

• Moderators

Thx Boxx.

Thx for the link CECAA850. Now I see why you didn't just link directly to the item. LOL I've got my finger's crossed that Sherbourn will call me today with the available part.

Looks like it. Need to take some measurements to know for sure.

At $1.67 each I would probably buy the 3 that looked the closest and hope one fits.

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/284040-2/A98122-ND/1826985

284041-2.JPG

Original Search:

last few look close.

http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?FV=fff40016%2Cfff803be%2Cfffc0011%2C940002%2Ce7c0002%2C10cc0003&mnonly=0&newproducts=0&ColumnSort=0&page=2&stock=0&pbfree=0&rohs=0&quantity=&ptm=0&fid=0&pageSize=25