Picked up a Sherbourn 72100A (200 x 7) 7 Monoblocks in single chassis Amp Today

Youthman

• Moderators

Gotcha. Yeah, I was looking at how the two outside tabs were not lining up with the inside top gaps. Guess it doesn't fit flush left and right with the hole and the middle "tab" at the top bends down so it will go under and snap to the top middle section.

• Moderators

Emotiva / Shourborn called me back. They do have the part. $15.00. Seems expensive for the part but it's the exact fit, not guessing and I don't have to go buy a Caliper :lol:

I thought they would be around $3 - $5 and was going to order an extra one for a spare. Oh well.

Thx again for the help.

• Moderators

The 12 V trigger connector came in yesterday but I wasn't able to hook up the amp until tonight. Originally I was only planning on using five of the seven channels but Wake Junkie has me thinking about keeping both sets of RS-62ii an just sell my RS-62.

Unfortunately my wife is asleep so I cannot crank it today but another forum members coming over tomorrow after noon and we will do some testing and run some test demos.

I'm curious to hear what all seven speakers will sound like with 200 W per channel going to them.

One thing I noticed about the Sherborn as it is absolutely quiet. I have to get 6 inches from them before I hear anything.

• 2 years later...
13 minutes ago, DavesAudio said:

Hi Youthman!

What has been your impression of this amp now that some time has passed?  I also sent a PM..

I see you are fairly local to me.  I am in Pinellas County.

-Dave

Welcome Dave. This amp has been sold since youth has switched to la scala trio and no longer felt the amp added any benefit. Once you get into the 100+db speakers it's hard to justify needing an amp unless you just want one to want it. 

I would disagree with the receiver assessment as I have tried it both ways myself.  A receiver with a single power supply will not be able to reproduce sound with the same level of dynamics/impact as an outboard amplifier with seven independent power supplies especially when pushed or used at reference levels.  I reluctantly parted with my two DBX BX-1's to get the Sherbourn 7/2100A because it had seven channels in a sngle chassis and I have not been dissapointed.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Frzninvt said:

I would disagree with the receiver assessment as I have tried it both ways myself.  A receiver with a single power supply will not be able to reproduce sound with the same level of dynamics/impact as an outboard amplifier with seven independent power supplies especially when pushed or used at reference levels.  I reluctantly parted with my two DBX BX-1's to get the Sherbourn 7/2100A because it had seven channels in a sngle chassis and I have not been dissapointed.

And what's seven speakers do you run? Small or large setting? What do you cross them at? 

Depending on room size and speakers, a good avr can run the show for HT and music.  Provided there is enough headroom.  Speakers set to small will increase headroom.  Many of us like amps but, 100 db sensitive speakers are using milliwatts for normal listening such as the RF 7 and most of the Heritage line.