KSW15 Need replacement sub or similar

memphis2k

Hello all,

I have an KSW-15 that has been in storage for ever but finally got around to setting it up and the subwoofer has a rattle in the speaker itself. LFE hooked up and begins to rattle not much beyond a low volume level. Pioneer 1020 amp and tried a few settings on it. Removed the speaker and nothing obvious is wrong.

Can anyone recommend a replacement subwoofer, I prefer to replace just the subwoofer. Used/new.. maybe klipsch? Other brand?

Here are the specs from the manual:

KSW 15
T
ype:
15" bass reflex, tuned port enclosur
e
Amplifier:
Peak output power 800 watts into 16 ohms
FTC
Rated Power
:
265 watts into 16 ohms 22-100Hz
@ 1% THD maximum
Auto Power On:
2 second ON delay, 15 minute OFF delay
Frequency Response:
24-120Hz±3dB
Maximum Acoustic Output:
121dB
/
space 1 meter
Low Pass Crossover:
Continuously variable from 40-120Hz,
24dB/octave slope above 120Hz
Inputs:
2) Line level RCA phono jacks 1) Line level
dedicated LFE channel input (non-filtered) 2) High
level speaker terminals
Outputs:
2) Line level RCA phono jacks with switchable
high pass filter between 50 and 100Hz 2) High level
speaker terminals with fixed high pass at 100Hz,
6dB/octave slope
Phase:
Switchable 0-180 degrees
Drive Component:
K-1072-K 15" (38.1cm) driver
Net Weight:
45 lbs. (20.45kg)
Height:
19.5" (49.53cm)
W
idth:
17.5" (44.45cm)
Depth:
17.5" (44.45cm)
Cabinet:
Medium density fiber board construction (MDF)
Finish:
Matte finish black vinyl
V
oltage:
110/120 VAC 60Hz - Export Version 230
V
AC 50/60Hz
Thanks,
~Aaron

Memphis2k(Aaron),

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about your KSW15.

Can anyone recommend a replacement subwoofer, I prefer to replace just the subwoofer. Used/new.. maybe klipsch? Other brand?

What is your budget?

Ported or sealed?

Bill

Memphis2k(Aaron),

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about your KSW15.

What is your budget?

Ported or sealed?

Bill

Thanks Bill for the reply.

I did pull off the center cone on the speaker and re-apply some adhesive. Let it dry and ensured a good seal...tried it. Well, sure enough that did the trick.

Ported or sealed. Well... the KSW-15 is ported so I guess ported. I'm just hoping to find a subwoofer for the KSW-15 enclosure. $150-300? Its a 9.5 by 13 room with entrance from the right, lower family room in the bi-level house. Haven't done the subwoofer crawl yet, but guessing the sub will go in the corner.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/26/2013 at 11:24 PM, memphis2k said:

Hello all,

I have an KSW-15 that has been in storage for ever but finally got around to setting it up and the subwoofer has a rattle in the speaker itself. LFE hooked up and begins to rattle not much beyond a low volume level.

I had the *exact* same thing happen.  Nothing obviously wrong.  Is there some instruction you can point me to about what I should be looking for to fix?  I am terrified to start taking the woofer apart.  The center cone seems secure... not sure what to do.  Also, I already did something stupid.  Somehow I had it in my head that it was a KSW-12... found/ordered a brand new Klipsch replacement woofer, but little good that is going to do me.  Hopefully it is returnable.  

-J

7 minutes ago, JustinF said:

I had the *exact* same thing happen.  Nothing obviously wrong.  Is there some instruction you can point me to about what I should be looking for to fix?  I am terrified to start taking the woofer apart.  The center cone seems secure... not sure what to do.  Also, I already did something stupid.  Somehow I had it in my head that it was a KSW-12... found/ordered a brand new Klipsch replacement woofer, but little good that is going to do me.  Hopefully it is returnable.  

-J

I would call the seller and tell them you screwed up. I have no doubt they will swap the 12" out for a 15". Where did you get it, Simply Speakers?

I have (2) KSW 15's in working order. One is in perfect shape, and the other works, but the company cabinet is cosmetically damaged. It can be played and sounds great, or used for parts (amp and sub).

I also have NIB Reference II complete setup - towers, center, and 2-rears. Never opened.

Interested? 

-Dan

813-205-2020