Isolation spikes or cones on wood flooring

Glad-2B

Carpet remnants or small welcome mats work just fine for me on hardwood floors for both my Chorus & Cornwall speakers. Those isolation feet look like they will come in handy for stacking gear to help with airflow around amps & such.

If you look at vibration isolation of either sensitive equipment or vibrating machines, nowhere outside the HiFi world there metal spikes is used as way of insulation. That claimed diode like action of spikes suggest an exeption to Newtons third law of motion...

• 4 months later...

I just saved some old Klipsch literature the other night where Paul claimed that eliminating the gap between the floor and the bottom of the cabinet was a good thing. Unfortunately I saved it to the computer at work. will post it up when I get there tonight.

• 5 weeks later...

i have hardwood floors and i use dollies with wheels, think i pay 9 dollars each (on sale) at northern tools.... picks my cornwalls and corscalas up about 3 maybe 4 inches, place speakers about 12 to 16 inches out away from walls..... sounds awsome... sounds a lot better than on the floor, interacting with the floor .... plus i can move speakers also.... without attaching anything to speakers.... works for me

i have hardwood floors and i use dollies with wheels, think i pay 9 dollars each (on sale) at northern tools.... picks my cornwalls and corscalas up about 3 maybe 4 inches, place speakers about 12 to 16 inches out away from walls..... sounds awsome... sounds a lot better than on the floor, interacting with the floor .... plus i can move speakers also.... without attaching anything to speakers.... works for me

Not as hard on the hardwood floors anyhow. Makes them easy to move.

Grippers, sold at any Wally World back in hardware where they have furniture feet and such, are just too inexpensive of a "fix" not to be tried, especially for smooth-surfaced floor use...get the 1.5 inch diameter ones...remove the metal gliders from the bottom of the LaScala access door panel and put one (or a stack of two) about one inch in from the side and front (or rear) at each corner, and do the same thing at dead center. Just peel 'em and stick 'em...be sure to clean any crud off of where you plan to stick 'em so that they remain stuck!