Just an older pair of Fisher Speakers

philly0116

In the preface to this post....I understand that the majority of Fisher speakers are nothing that are going to get 5 star reviews from anyone. That being said, in the interest of just liking older speakers, I picked up a very, very clean pair of Fisher STV-891N for $20. They are 150 watt three way speakers with 3" tweeters, 5" mid range and 15" drivers. I figured anything with a 15" driver that works is worth $20. Again, I know these are not audiophile speakers, just sharing a decent score for the money. These will serve the shop or garage well enough.

post-53642-0-70560000-1383186956_thumb.j

post-53642-0-38520000-1383186971_thumb.j

Those look like nice speakers. They remind me of the vintage JVC 3 way (SK-Sxx) speakers. The bad thing I have found with the JVC's I have had is the midrange and tweeters go out, and are proprietary to the enclosure/network. Oh, and the networks in them was pretty much nonexistent. In fact, there was no low pass filter on the woofers. Still, everything sounded OK. For $20 you got some fine speakers.

large_gal_90723_50419041a7d8d.jpg

Edited by mustang guy
  • Like 1

Those look like nice speakers. They remind me of the vintage JVC 3 way (SK-Sxx) speakers. The bad thing I have found with the JVC's I have had is the midrange and tweeters go out, and are proprietary to the enclosure/network. Oh, and the networks in them was pretty much nonexistent. In fact, there was no low pass filter on the woofers. Still, everything sounded OK. For $20 you got some fine speakers.

large_gal_90723_50419041a7d8d.jpg

Those look nice! Id have bought them too! The hoarder in me I guess. Lol.