Photo

Right This Klipsch Music Minute (November/December 2013)

• Please log in to reply
1634 replies to this topic

#1 Boxx

Boxx

Boxx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,989 posts
  • LocationOvilla, Texas

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:57 AM

It's time to move on to the next two month chapter of the "Right This Minute" thread.

Starting 11/1/13, please make your "RTM" posts here. The September/October thread will be locked soon.

Always keep in mind that this thread was originated by our fellow Klipsh Forum member, thebes.

dance.gif

Edited by Boxx, 31 October 2013 - 10:17 AM.

"When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty."  Thomas Jefferson

"You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you." John Wooden

"It is very easy to overestimate the importance of our own achievements in comparison with what we owe others."  Dietrich Bonhoeffer

#2 Boxx

Boxx

Boxx

• Members
  • 18,989 posts
  • LocationOvilla, Texas

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:01 AM

Happy first day of November and TGIF.....

DSC_0298.jpg

AL STEWART (1976)

YEAR OF THE CAT

"When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty."  Thomas Jefferson

"You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you." John Wooden

"It is very easy to overestimate the importance of our own achievements in comparison with what we owe others."  Dietrich Bonhoeffer

#3 Dennie

Dennie

Klipsch Lover

• Members
  • 15,926 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:18 AM

Oops! I forgot. I'll try to remember this afternoon.

Have a great day everyone and TGIF! :)

Dennie

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
- George Best

“We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are” – Anais Nin US (French-born) author

000955-1.jpg God Bless our Troops!

2 Channel: 1979 La Scalas, Sherbourn PT-7020A, Integra DPS-10.5, AudioControl C-101 III, Adcom GFA-555, Pioneer PL-55X Turntable, SVS 20-39 PC Plus, Audioquest Copperhead Interconnects

HT: Mitsubishi 48" CRT, Infocus 4805 Front Projector w/100" Screen, Kef Q7's, Kef Q10c, Ci130Ds, Ci130QR, ADCOM GFA 7607, SVS 20-39 PC Plus, Paramax 5100,HT Master MX-800

#4 Boxx

Boxx

Boxx

• Members
  • 18,989 posts
  • LocationOvilla, Texas

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:32 AM

DSC_0645-1.jpg

AL STEWART (1978)

TIME PASSAGES

#5 odysseyrevolver

odysseyrevolver

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:14 PM

fyzo.jpg

#6 Boxx

Boxx

Boxx

• Members
  • 18,989 posts
  • LocationOvilla, Texas

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:43 PM

DSC_0393.jpg

Art Garfunkel (1975)

BREAKAWAY

#7 Dennie

Dennie

Klipsch Lover

• Members
  • 15,926 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:40 PM

fd6de03ae7a0cc1f2391b110.L.jpg

Tribute To Count Basie -- CD

The Gene Harris All Star Big Band

1988 Concord Jazz

A big-band date that slightly predated pianist Gene Harris' association with the Philip Morris Superband, this CD is ostensibly a tribute to the recently deceased Count Basie, but surprisingly, only two of the eight songs ("Swingin' the Blues" and "Blue and Sentimental") were played by Basie, although one original ("Captain Bill") was written in homage of the bandleader. Harris' 16-piece orchestra does bring back the spirit of Basie's band in spots, with a lightly but steadily swinging rhythm section and such soloists as trumpeters Conte Candoli and Jon Faddis and tenors Plas Johnson and Bob Cooper. But in reality, Harris dominates the solo spotlight, and the music (which includes a memorable version of "When Did You Leave Heaven") is a bit predictable. ~ Scott Yanow

Track Listing
1. Captain Bill
2. Night Mist Blues
3. Swingin' the Blues
4. When Did You Leave Heaven?
5. Blues For Pepper
6. Blue and Sentimental
7. Riled Up
8. The Masquerade Is Over
9. Dejection Blues

Personnel: Gene Harris (piano); Herb Ellis (guitar); Bill Green , Marshall Royal (alto saxophone); Plas Johnson , Bob Cooper (tenor saxophone); Jack Nimitz (baritone saxophone); Conte Candoli, Jon Faddis, Snooky Young, Frank Szabo, Bobby Bryant (trumpet); Bill Waltrous, Garnett Brown, Thurman Green, Bill Watrous, Charles Loper, William Frank "Bill" Reichenbach Jr. (trombone); Jeff Hamilton (drums).Recording information: 03/1987-06/1987.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
- George Best

“We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are” – Anais Nin US (French-born) author

2 Channel: 1979 La Scalas, Sherbourn PT-7020A, Integra DPS-10.5, AudioControl C-101 III, Adcom GFA-555, Pioneer PL-55X Turntable, SVS 20-39 PC Plus, Audioquest Copperhead Interconnects

HT: Mitsubishi 48" CRT, Infocus 4805 Front Projector w/100" Screen, Kef Q7's, Kef Q10c, Ci130Ds, Ci130QR, ADCOM GFA 7607, SVS 20-39 PC Plus, Paramax 5100,HT Master MX-800

#8 Boxx

Boxx

Boxx

• Members
  • 18,989 posts
  • LocationOvilla, Texas

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:57 PM

DSC_0546-2.jpg

DSC_0545-1.jpg

Z Z TOP (1973)

Tres Hombres

#9 Dennie

Dennie

Klipsch Lover

• Members
  • 15,926 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:37 PM

61zmO56-5-L.jpg

Bags Meets Wes! -- Remastered 24bit CD

Milt Jackson and Wes Montgomery

1961/2008 Riverside/Concord Records

One of the classic hard-bop collaborations, BAGS MEETS WES! presents guitarist Wes Montgomery and vibraphonist Milt "Bags" Jackson in an excellent 1961 session. Montgomery's warm, rootsy tone and blues-derived style provided a perfect complement to Jackson's intellectual, traditional bop approach, and the two achieve natural, sometimes scintillating dialogues on this date.Backed by a hard-to-beat band--pianist Wynton Kelly, bassist Sam Jones, and drummer Philly Joe Jones--Bags and Wes play largely in a blues mode here, with plenty of stretching out over the 12-bar progressions. Jackson's "S.K.J." kicks off the set, and proves one of the highlights, as does Montgomery's "Jingles," an up-tempo, minor-key groove-laden song on which the co-leaders unfurl vibrantly melodic lines during their solos.

Track Listing
1. S.K.J.
2. Stablemates - (take)
3. Stairway to the Stars - (Take 6)
4. Blue Roz
5. Sam Sack
6. Jingles - (take 9)
7. Delilah - (take 4)
8. bonus track) Stablemates [Take 4] - (Take 2
9. bonus track) Stairway to the Stars [Take 2] - (take 8
10. bonus track) Jingles [Take 8] - (Take 3
11. Delilah [Take 3] - (take)

Personnel: Milt Jackson (vibraphone); Wes Montgomery (guitar); Wynton Kelly (piano); Sam Jones (bass instrument); Philly Joe Jones (drums, drum).Audio Remasterer: Joe Tarantino.Recording information: Plaza Sound Studios, New York, NY (12/18/1961-12/19/1961).

- George Best

#10 Boxx

Boxx

Boxx

• Members
  • 18,989 posts
  • LocationOvilla, Texas

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:16 PM

Good Friday evening group....

DSC_0264.jpg

WINGS (1979)

BACK TO THE EGG

#11 odysseyrevolver

odysseyrevolver

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:38 PM

Cheers,

coveryj.jpg

#12 muel

muel

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:50 PM

Thanks for introducing this Dennie!

Gene Harris Quartet - "Listen Here!"

Attached Thumbnails

• GeneHarris_listenhere.jpg

Approaching "the realm of the absurd"

#13 TIgerman

TIgerman

Klipschorn Owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,212 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:03 PM

Good Friday evening everyone..................sorry for being a bit scarce over the past couple days... Last night was the big Halloween party me and the neighbors put on for the NEIGHBORHOOD! This place was rockin' with haunted sounds that could be heard clear to the other end of our little community, our very large candy bowl was setup for anyone to take what they wanted.

Chris and I were next door, serving food, wine and beer. A fun night which will not be soon forgotten.

There was fine jazzy vocal music our friends had on the audio system for the party..........a nice time for everyone :)

OK, back to getting in more practice in for tomorrow night's FIRST TDC show with me back in the mix... The venue is about sold out, and this is a dinner/show concert. Got the top lighting and sound engineer's in the area working for the band, so should be a great time, all be it, I am a little nervous :huh:

I will check in again before rack time..

.........Gary

Longfellow Movie House open since 2-1-2012

Longfellow Music Hall open since 9-27-2013

2 Channel System:

1965 REBUILT Dynaco MK III's (pair)

1965 Dynaco PAS 2 preamp unaltered

1967 Klipschorns with Bob Cretes updates

2009 Music Hall 5.1 TT

2011 Pioneer Elite 79-DVI Player

Added in 2011 - TEAC A-6010 Open Reel Tape Deck

Added 4/4/14 - Realistic SCT-11 Cassette Deck

#14 v8peters

v8peters

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:48 PM

6yew.jpg

Live in Las Vegas

Tom Jones

1969 Parrot

"Who gives a sh*t, it's a great band, it's a bad band. It's like pizza, baby. It's good no matter what, there's music in the air!" Jeremy Grey (Vince Vaughn) - Wedding Crashers

#15 Boxx

Boxx

Boxx

• Members
  • 18,989 posts
  • LocationOvilla, Texas

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:51 PM

Hey Gary, Sounds like you had a great time on Halloween.... It was really quite here, not sure why....

DSC_0682.jpg

YES (1971 & 2010)

THE YES ALBUM

ORIGINAL MASTER RECORDING

Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab

#16 TIgerman

TIgerman

Klipschorn Owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,212 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:03 PM

Hey there Boxx.................sorry it was quiet in your neck of the 'woods'... Yes Album.....nice :)

I am back to my home rehearsal with the CDs.....

..........g

2 Channel System:

2009 Music Hall 5.1 TT

#17 Boxx

Boxx

Boxx

• Members
  • 18,989 posts
  • LocationOvilla, Texas

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:05 PM

Hey there Boxx.................sorry it was quiet in your neck of the 'woods'... Yes Album.....nice :)

..........g

Gary, How do you like the new digs here?

#18 Boxx

Boxx

Boxx

• Members
  • 18,989 posts
  • LocationOvilla, Texas

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:11 PM

..........g

Gary, How do you like the new digs here?

Gary, pm sent....

#19 odysseyrevolver

odysseyrevolver

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:17 PM

neil-young-harvest-moon-big.jpg

#20 TIgerman

TIgerman

Klipschorn Owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,212 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:22 PM

Boxx, PM sent back................and I LOVE the new digs, the spell check works well too! Have not loaded photos yet, at least on my first attempt using what I thought were 'intuitive' tools, I got an upload error message...

Otherwise, GREAT :D

2 Channel System:

2009 Music Hall 5.1 TT