KP450's as Subs

TasDom

I want to replace my RW12D's and I've been toying with the idea of using my KP450 LF sections. I know I'll need an external amp but other than that, what do you think would be needed to get the most out of these?

They are dual 15" with 4 ports on the bottom front........thoughts? Thanks!

post-51278-0-09320000-1383249105_thumb.j

post-51278-0-30320000-1383249159_thumb.j

post-51278-0-47760000-1383249206_thumb.j

Great question and I'm asking the same one about the K48's for a similar project. I don't think you can answer that without the specs on the driver and I just sent Trey a PM asking for mine because I can't get a response on my post, but I'm doing it for audio only so we're looking for two different results.

Looks like they drop off like a rock at 50Hz. OK for music, no good for HT LFE duty.

Is that due to the cabinet or the components? If the cab would work I might try to upgrade or modify

and thx btw Carl for your input

It's the tuning of the cabinet. The problem is, the driver and cab are designed to work together. If you lower the tuning frequency of the cabinet, the driver may damage itself reaching the lower notes (over excursion).

• Like 1

Great question and I'm asking the same one about the K48's for a similar project. I don't think you can answer that without the specs on the driver and I just sent Trey a PM asking for mine because I can't get a response on my post, but I'm doing it for audio only so we're looking for two different results.

Need some K45's? :)

Looks like they drop off like a rock at 50Hz. OK for music, no good for HT LFE duty.

Is that due to the cabinet or the components? If the cab would work I might try to upgrade or modify

and thx btw Carl for your input

It's the tuning of the cabinet. The problem is, the driver and cab are designed to work together. If you lower the tuning frequency of the cabinet, the driver may damage itself reaching the lower notes (over excursion).

That makes sence to me in layman's terms. These cabs are really cool and was just kicking around the idea. Appreciate it!