RF7 MK2 and KLF-C7

Peter

Hi,

In a couple of weeks I get my new RF7 II

I have two questions:

1) Do you think my KLF-C7 is a good match with the Rf7 or should I go for the RC-64 II ?

Anyone who have this combination? I like the KLF-C7 and never heared the RC-64 II

2) Can someone give me the sizes were the speakers are placed in de RF7?

So from the bottum of the Rf7 were started the first speaker etc....

I need this, I am building a new kabinet for my Denon and Center and want to place the center at the right height....

Hope you can understand this ;-)

Regards

Peter

Edited by Peter

I just measured my RF-7ii's. Hopefully this will help with your cabinet build.

klipsch-rf-7ii-measurements.jpg

Youth these measurements are wrong! My RF-5's are taller than that.

Looks like you got the top measurements confused, I think the 40.5" should be 48.5" and I am not sure what your 40 1/8" dimension is but it also appears to be wrong.

Edited by Youthman

I just measured my RF-7ii's. Hopefully this will help with your cabinet build.

klipsch-rf-7ii-measurements.jpg

Youth these measurements are wrong! My RF-5's are taller than that.

Looks like you got the top measurements confused, I think the 40.5" should be 48.5" and I am not sure what your 40 1/8" dimension is but it also appears to be wrong.

Youth,

Looks like you had a couple of typos. :huh:

Remember, it was not me first pointing out your miscalculations this time. :)

We love you anyway. :wub:

Bill

Edited by Youthman

The RC 64/64II is made for various stands and a slight tilt will do the job. Personally, I would not go to the trouble to get it at the same height as the RF 7II tweeter. Hey don't jump on me, I was speaking only for me, He he.

Edited by derrickdj1

Derrick I bet if you tried your center at the same height and then had another center below and angled then threw a sheet and did a blind test I get you would prefer the higher one every time. Lol so if he is building something custom why not go for the perfect setup. Above or below is a compromise

Three 7's up front is my first choice. I am just a little lazier I guess and settle for the 64 on a stand. I am not going to try because it might make another project for me, lol. Scrappydue, I changed things in my family room on your advice which has lead me to the current setup in the basement. All is good but, this stuff is heavy, lol.

Edited by derrickdj1

Thanks for the answers! And the drawing!!

Are the foot spikes necessary? I don't have a carpeted floor but concrete tiles were the speakers are coming.

Someone who have this speakers in a home theater without subwoofer?

How is the bass if you tell to the amplifier that you don't use a subwoofer?

I am curious.......

Edited by Peter

I've used RF-7's in a HT setting without a sub. You miss out on a lot of content, somewhere around a whole octave. If you've never run a sub, you might think it sounds ok. If you run a sub and them remove it and run your speakers full range, you definitely miss not having the sub.

• Moderators

I agree, the two most important speakers for HT is a solid subwoofer and a great center channel. Even something like KLF-30's with dual 12's would benefit from having a dedicated subwoofer. That's where you move form hearing to actually feeling the action.

As far as floor spikes, the theory behind that is with them, your speakers do not move at all when playing. I do not use them just because I move my speakers around a lot and with spikes, it makes them harder to do so. Unless you have carpet, you don't use spikes.

Still waiting on my RF7 ;-( and just ordered a RC64 MK2 ;-)

A few questions:

Is there is only one type subwoofer SW-311 ?

I am a little confused because there is one shop in europe were they called him the SW-311 MK2 ?!?

On the klipsch site by "home theater systems" the RF7 MK2 system is the subwoofer a SW-115....?

In the reference brochure the subwoofer is a SW-311....?

I read a few good things about the SW-311 and its newer, and he's small and I don't have that big rooms like you guys ;-)

He's also expensive here, almost twice as the SW-115

Anyone with the RF7 and the SW311?

Is this sub not to small to work with the RF7? (klipsch connect him to the RF7 in the reference brochure!!)

Sorry for all this questions, not possible to listen in the store here, then I must drive to germany...

The sw-311 is kind of a joke in my opinion. Doesn't dig deep and way overpriced in my opinion. Get the sw-115 or ship elsewhere like Svs, hsu, rythmik, psa subwoofers. Any of those guys will trump the Klipsch subwoofers. If you need small and high output and got some moolah to spend try a Svs sb-13 ultra. Or if you can have tall but a small footprint try any of Svs cylinder subs. Even the PC-12 Nsd at 769 would destroy the Klipsch sub.