RF7 MK2 and KLF-C7

Peter

Oh and to answer about the mark 2 thing. When the rf-7ii were released the sw-115 was not around so the sw-311 went in as the top of the line. Then later (after the brochure) the sw-115 was released. Dogs deeper and much more output (larger enclosure helps achieve this)

Thanks for the answers! And the drawing!!

Are the foot spikes necessary? I don't have a carpeted floor but concrete tiles were the speakers are coming.

Someone who have this speakers in a home theater without subwoofer?

How is the bass if you tell to the amplifier that you don't use a subwoofer?

I am curious.......

Hi Peter,

For the real thing true movie expierence, subwoofer(s) is/are really needed.

I'm running RF7-II + RC64-II + 2xSVS PB13 ;-) in a pretty big room.

I do not use the spikes, just the regular feet which does a good job.

Remember that running RF7 without subs really requires a BEEFY power amplifier. Your Denon AV3313 will not do it ;-) at loud levels anymore...

I'm from Belgium/Antwerp so if you are not too far up in Holland you are welcome for a demonstration..once I get my beloved Onkyo back from the repair within 1 or 2 weeks ;-(

Or you can bring your own Denon and evaulate yourself what the output CAN BE on your current AVR on Klipsch ...

I agree, the two most important speakers for HT is a solid subwoofer and a great center channel. Even something like KLF-30's with dual 12's would benefit from having a dedicated subwoofer. That's where you move form hearing to actually feeling the action.

As far as floor spikes, the theory behind that is with them, your speakers do not move at all when playing. I do not use them just because I move my speakers around a lot and with spikes, it makes them harder to do so. Unless you have carpet, you don't use spikes.

My speaker are hard to move around due to their weight, lol. I call it a muscle system since it is a workout moving the system around.

I know the need for subwoofers in a home theater, playing now with KSP-400.

I tried only to find out with what kind of RF7 configurations other people are playing.....

And yes there are not many shops here were you could listen to klipsch.

But...... in a couple of hours my RF7 speakers will arrive ;-)

BOOM problem solved. Local demos. Well not sure how local lol sounds like two different countries

Compared to US-standards most of the time not that bad ;-)

"Local" (even between 2 countries Belgium & The Netherlands) could be somewhere between 30 minutes of driving up to 4 hours one-way (if you really live up north in The Netherlands and/or south in Belgium)

I know the need for subwoofers in a home theater, playing now with KSP-400.

I tried only to find out with what kind of RF7 configurations other people are playing.....

And yes there are not many shops here were you could listen to klipsch.

But...... in a couple of hours my RF7 speakers will arrive ;-)

Whoooooooot !

Oh boy, I think you will love them !

• 2 weeks later...