SOLD -- Parasound HCA2205a (220 x 5) Amp -- SOLD

Youthman

• Moderators

SOLD

Well, I never thought I would see the day but I'm selling my Parasound HCA2205a (220 x 5) amp. Then again, I never thought I would move to a 7.1 system either. This hobby never ends does it? LOL

This amp has been the core of my home theater for the past 3 years. This amp delivers a solid 220 watts x 5 continuous @ 8 ohm and 300 watts x 5 continuous @ 4 ohm. It provides very tight and powerful bottom end and is very detailed. It's a beast weighing 85lbs and is built like a tank. Only reason I'm selling is I upgraded to this Sherbourn 72100a (200 x 7) amp.

It is not Mint but is in overall excellent cosmetic condition. I have the original box and packaging. Unit is also Rack Mountable too.

The Parasound has performed flawlessly for me other than channels 4 and 5 do have a hum (seems common with Parasound amps) and has been this way since I purchased it from another forum member 3 years ago.

Am willing to ship since I have the original double box packaging but it will likely be expensive at 85lbs.

Locals are welcome to come by and demo. I currently have it connected in the 2ch living room setup to my RF-7ii's and man does it make them sing. :D

Parasound-HCA220a-1.jpg

Parasound-HCA220a-2.jpg

Parasound-HCA220a-3.jpg

Parasound-HCA220a-1.jpg

Parasound-HCA220a-5.jpg

Parasound-HCA220a-6.jpg

Parasound-HCA220a-7.jpg

Parasound-HCA220a-8.jpg

Parasound-HCA220a-9.jpg

Edited by Youthman

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

SOLD

Chad, it was very nice meeting you and your family today. Feel free to stop by again the next time you are in this area.

The Parasound will allow your RF-83 / RC-64 speakers to reach their full potential and give you the ability to add surrounds to your setup down the road.

• Moderators

That's great to hear that it made a very noticeable difference in your system. When I added it to my RF-83 / RC -64, I noticed improved bass (even at lower volumes) and better separation of musical instruments when listening to music. For HT, without the amp, at high volumes, the speakers would sound strained. With the Parasound, it was as if they were saying, is that all you've got? Bring it on! LOL Hope you are able to enjoy it for many years to come.